Jim_Six
Re: New Hosting Provider Wanted
  • 2003/11/25 3:27

• Jim_Six

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

Finding good tech support is very important - particualry if you are running a more complicated site.

What kind of turn around time are you looking for on ticketed problems?

jesseb
  • 2003/11/25 12:38

• jesseb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/16

Hello i am starting a webhosting service and am looking for some feedback as to what i can do to better the service and site anyone who sighns up and mentions this site i will give the first mnth free(just dont complete the payment i will manualy activate the account)http://www.x-hosting.org

WikiWonk
  • 2003/12/12 1:13

• WikiWonk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/8

What do you need? If all you need is XOOPS, I could host you one for free. Email me (SnakeFalcon At Hotmail Dot Com). Or you can IM me (Yahoo is nolsonharris, and MSN is the same as email addrred). All you will get is XOOPS, and a mySQL called linksbro_xoop2. Just mail or IM me the Admin username/password, what you want your address to be, and VOILA! You have XOOPS 2.0.5![quote]

snow77
  • 2003/12/12 1:32

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

We use Eryxma and have over 20 sites running there. Support is really good and you get immediate answers, the system is very stable and the control panel is easy to use.

elmore
  • 2003/12/18 1:42

• elmore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/27

We use xoopshosting.com Though they're just getting started, I've found them to be very flexible with everything I've needed to do. They have reasonable rates and lots of extra features, including a killer control panel. Might be worthwhile to check them out.

Like I said they're still getting off the ground but I've had no problems whatsoever, and I know they have a very robust setup with lots of redundancy and bandwidth.

I also understand from one of the main guys at xoopshosting.com that they're running operating in the same facility as google.

Jaypee
  • 2004/4/26 3:23

• Jaypee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/26

In case anyone read this previously, I wanted to give an update. I would suggest avoiding WhizHost (www.whizhost.com). Over the last 8 months, their service has gone down considerably. My site was inaccesible for intvervals of over one hour and occurring several times during the course of a week. I think they might be overselling but, of course, I can't prove this. I did see however, that the BBB of Florida listed them as unsatisfactory. The sad part is that, for the first 1.5 years I used them, they were a good value.

Needless to say, I moved my site to a new host, Fuitadnet (www.fuitadnet.com), and they are much better (reseller account - 5 Gigs space, 60 GB transfer/month and, best of all, they offer Fantastico, which is automated installer that, among other things, can set up a CMS -- XOOPS is an option -- without you having to download a copy and upload to your server). Needless to say, I'm much happier now.

bmmolloy
  • 2004/4/26 3:32

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

How many people took advantage of the free three year plan from 1and1? I'm enjoying their service.

Stewdio
  • 2004/4/26 4:05

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Quote:

bmmolloy wrote:
How many people took advantage of the free three year plan from 1and1? I'm enjoying their service.

I did, but I don't use it, not powerfull enough for my needs. By the way, I'm now hosted with www.surpasshosting.com

Best rates/packages anywhere, period.

snow77
  • 2004/4/26 5:28

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Just a little advice. Watch out closely who you are hosting with. We had hosting with Eryxma and it was a complete fraud, they just vanished. We have just chosen Rackforce , hope it is a reliable company. Nice to know if anyone has had experience with them.

Alan2008
  • 2004/4/29 11:29

• Alan2008

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/26

Hi

Apologies to the moderating team if this is not allowed. I would be grateful if readers would cast their eyes over our hosting service -http://3dpixelnet.com

After having several customers with XOOPS on our servers we have been reading these fine forums in order to help support them better.

We've been hosting for 18 months now.
We prize customer service above all else.
We take great pride in our customer relationships.

All our servers use Apache 2 / PHP 4.3.5 and MySQL 4

We may not be the cheapest host around but we hope we compensate by offering fast servers, quality support and great features.

All our servers are fully XOOPS compatible.

Example account :
1GB Space
10GB Traffic Per Month
5 Domain Allowance
5 Subdomain Allowance
Urchin LogStats (www.urchin.com)
SpamAssassin Spam Protection (www.spamassassin.org)
ClamAV anti-virus (www.clamav.net)

£4.99 per month payable quarterly
£54.89 per year (1 month free)

We also have a special offer for XOOPS hosting, one of our customers was kind enough to post it in the news section. This can be found here

To pre-empt some questions:

SSH access?
SSH and telnet access to customers is forbidden on all 3dpixelnet servers - we take security very seriously. Anything that explicitly requires shell access for installation - we will do it for you after discussion.

Currency
We take payment via our secure card processor in GBP (£), USD ($) and EUROs (select at top right of screen). Services such as paypal are not accepted.

Community? Can I speak to some customers?
Please visit our community athttp://deviantforums.com

Can you help me with Xoops?
We offer a one-time installation of XOOPS with your user/pass when requested after signup. This has aided new customers unsure of script installation in the past.

Any more specific questions - I would love to hear from you directly - my email alan@3dpixelnet.com or for more general enquiries help@3dpixelnet.com

We also have a live chat system on our website in the navigation options.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

Alan Ogden
3dpixelnet.com

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits