Mithrandir
Re: ergent help mplease : groups_users_link table was emptied!!!!!

Quote:
Yes i can explain it easily
in Preferences --> General setting --> set USE CUSTOM SESSION to "YES"

then groups_users_link table will be emptied.

Didn't empty for me.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

m0nty
Re: ergent help mplease : groups_users_link table was emptied!!!!!
  • 2006/2/25 17:56

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i always set custom sessions. and group users links table is never affected.

there isn't anything in the code related to custom sessions that can affect the group_user_links table that i can see.. there must be something else that caused this.

hammondr
Re: urgent help me please : groups_users_link table was emptied!!!!!
  • 2006/3/13 13:08

• hammondr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/15

This phenomenon happened to me last night. I'm almost positive this is NOT caused by the custom session option. We have not used that feature, and have been running since Oct 2005.

Last night, inexplicably, the groups_users_link table was emptied. After I found the problem, I had to manually add a new row to that table that puts me in the webmasters group so I could log into the site to troublshoot. Many of your users won't know to do this.

I am very concerned about this. This doesn't seem like a 'fluke' or MySQL problem, since all other tables seem unaffected. I upgraded to 2.2.4 (by using the xoops-2.2.3a-to-2.2.4.zip patch file found on this site, I think) within the last few weeks. Server is FreeBSD.

This smells a lot like a security bug/hack to me.

Herko
  • 2006/3/13 13:19

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

hammondr wrote:
I did as others have done by adding a new row to that table that puts me in the webmasters group. However, I am very concerned about this. This doesn't seem like a 'fluke' or MySQL problem, since all other tables seem unaffected.

I think you're giving the answer yourselves: all of you added a new row manually, and this somehow causes the whole table to be emptied. Why not add a user the regular way?
If preventing manually added data is a security hole, then what are we trying to protect?

Seriously tho, try and pin it down in the code, but I don't think this is a security issue. Most likely the groups_users_link data is checked with the known users and groups, and if there is an inconsistancy somewhere, it breaks. My gut tells me that's where you've got to search this bug.

Herko

hammondr
  • 2006/3/13 13:22

• hammondr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/15

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Quote:

hammondr wrote:
I did as others have done by adding a new row to that table that puts me in the webmasters group. However, I am very concerned about this. This doesn't seem like a 'fluke' or MySQL problem, since all other tables seem unaffected.

I think you're giving the answer yourselves: all of you added a new row manually, and this somehow causes the whole table to be emptied. Why not add a user the regular way?
If preventing manually added data is a security hole, then what are we trying to protect?
Herko

Herko... I added the row to the table manually *because* it was emptied by what seems like a security flaw. If that table is empty, no one is in any permission groups, so no one is a webmaster, so no one can put users into groups via the administrative panel. Make sense?

phppp
  • 2006/4/23 12:28

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Anybody else ever had the problem?

Plz report your webserver, PHP version, MySQL version as well.

irmtfan
  • 2006/4/23 14:35

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i do a deep serach about the problem and find that this is occure just in the MySQL 3.0.25 websites and XOOPS 2.2

maybe this version of MySQL is the case?

KateKoala
Re: groups_users_link table was emptied
  • 2006/7/17 4:59

• KateKoala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Hi all,

This just happened to me, on a site running 2.2.4. As far as I can tell, the last thing I did before the table emptied was change the group permissions for the news module (using XOOPS admin interface, not manually).

If there are a lot of sites out there susceptible to this (i.e. running 2.2.4) perhaps it might warrant an entry in the FAQ section. I'm not sure how many users, particularly newbies, would even know what this particular table is so they would not know where to look for help.

At any rate, I assume this is a temporary issue at best since 2.2.4 is scheduled for the scrap heap.

Regards,
KK

Cuidiu
  • 2006/7/18 17:07

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Quote:
irmtfan wrote:
i do a deep serach about the problem and find that this is occure just in the MySQL 3.0.25 websites and XOOPS 2.2

I would appreciate hearing what the development team thinks about this. I don't use that version of MySQL but I would like to know if this is something to be concerned about since I use 2.2.4.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

son_tgs
  • 2006/7/22 18:59

• son_tgs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/22

This happend to me for the second time today.

I'm runing:
Xoops: 2.2.4
MySQL: 3.23.54
PHP: 4.4.0
Apache 1.3.26

This is a big problem, I have nearly 300 users on my website and this affects them all.

Please advice?

Best Regards

Thomas Sigurdsson
Webmaster
www.racerc.dk

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits