World of Xoops (WOX): WOX (World of XOOPS) Newsletter # 40 (January 2011)Posted by: Mambaon 2011/2/1 13:20:00 8308 reads
Welcome to the January 2011 issue of WOX (World of XOOPS) Newsletter - our first in 2011! (see here previous versions)
Official Alpha 1 of the Xoops Engine Released!
This year we'll be celebrating 10th Anniversary of XOOPS, so it's a great way to start off with the official Alpha 1 release of the Xoops Engine - our "next generation" architecture for XOOPS!
Xoops Engine, as the new brand name for this new architecture, supports open and extensible engines with its multi-engine design. As for now there are three engines available:
- Xoops: the official engine with new architecture utilizing Zend Framework as the primary library and Smarty as the default view templating engine, as well as some third-party libraries like jQuery. Demo will be hosted onwww.xoopsengine.org;
- Lite: a lite version of the 'Xoops' Engine with no MySQL required, aimed for high performance scenarios;
- Legacy: for backward compatibility to support legacy XOOPS modules and templates.
Some selected features that were most requested by the community are now part of Xoops Engine:
* Built-in cache mechanism for high performance
* Clear MVC with AOP and event hook
* Extensible URL rewrite for better SEO
* App/module clone w/o code change
As always, as the first thing in each newsletter we wanted to express our gratitude to all of you who have donated moneyey to XOOPS Foundation! We truly appreciate your trust and support! This month Ian Underwood remains the biggest supporter and donor - thank you Ian! If anybody else would like to donate - please don't be shy!
Highlights of the last month:
- XOOPS Innovation Award - for people who create something very unique and innovative for XOOPS. This time the award goes to to Sushang Yang (Ezsky) and his friends from China and Christophe Boceno (kris_fr) from France for their work on the Slideshow Module. It's great to see developers teaming up and working together on modules!
- XOOPSer of the Month Award: is given to XOOPS members who show extraordinary dedication to XOOPS, and go the extra mile for XOOPS. This month, it goes to Dirk Herrmann (dhsoft) from Germany, for keeping the XOOPS Germany local support site operational, and for development of DH-Info and CBB 4.0.
Please help us spread the word about XOOPS!! .
If you are a happy XOOPS user, let the world know - please blog about XOOPS, share your experiences with others, rate and review us on SourceForge and other Websites. We need to let the world know about XOOPS!!!
And if you're not happy with something in XOOPS, please let us know so we can fix it and improve! Better yet - help us fix it and improve it!
Remember - XOOPS is powered by YOU!!!!
If you like the XOOPS system, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation to the XOOPS Foundation! Simply use the XOOPS Donation System and use your PayPal account or your Credit Card to donate .
Your donation will be used to promote and advance the use and development of the XOOPS system. The XOOPS Foundation is a registered not-for-profit organization in the USA, dedicated to promote XOOPS! All donators will get the Friend of XOOPS rank here on this website. Thanks to all the Friends of XOOPS for their donations and continued support!
If you wonder what is happening with XOOPS money, please read the 2009 XOOPS Financial Report. The 2010 XOOPS Financial Report is coming soon.
This month we've got a donation only from Ian Underwood:
- Ian A. Underwood: $25
Ian has been a tremendous XOOPS Supporter, donating every month $25. Ian, thank you so much!!! We wish, there would be more donors like you...
Thank you so much for supporting XOOPS!!!!
In 2010 we are re-introducing monthly Team Reports from our XOOPS Teams.
Core Development Team
Modules Development Team
Community Coordination/Support Team
Standard maintenance of the Website, and keeping it current.
International Support Team
Posting news about 2.5.0 and X3 releases
See Support Site Guidelines. Unfortunately some support sites do not anymore offer the quality of support we are looking for so these sites will have to be removed as official support sites and no longer linked to from the International Support page. This will however, open the opportunity for other webmasters in these regions to start and maintain a local XOOPS Support site, which is a lot of fun and you'll help a lot by spreading our great CMS to your area and language. To apply for official status, use this form (login required).
XOOPS on Facebook: join the main XOOPS group on Facebook
WOX newsletter, keeping press informed about Xoops Engine:
Our XOOPS Innovation Award is given to people who create something very unique and very innovative for XOOPS! We are clear that XOOPS can only succeed, when we push the limits of our creativity, imagination, and innovation to "infinity and beyond" . And therefore we would like to recognize people who create this "WOW!" effect, when we see what they've done. The XOOPS Innovation Award is not a monthly award, i.e. theoretically, there might be a month where we won't give one, but we certainly hope that this will never happen
Congratulations to all of them.
- no new security alerts
- Hinduism Today Upgraded to 2.5
- Neurogel en marche : Association for the cure of paraplegia and tetraplegia
- Radioparties.co.uk powered by XOOPS
- Another new website
- Preko ramena - Online magazine based on Xoops
- New Website www.ssyq.org
- Slideshow Module from XOOPS China
- Lawsuit 1.50
- Profile 1.65 - Verbose Validation Edition (Final)
- X-Forum 5.70
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- French (ISO)
- French (UTF-8)
- Greek UTF-8
- Arabic for 2.4.0
- Bosnian for 2.4.5
- Croatian for 2.4.4
- Japanese for 2.4.5
- Polish for 2.4.4
- Swedish for 2.4.3
- French for 2.4.5
- Spanish for 2.4.5
- Bulgarian for 2.4.0
- French for 2.4.0
- German for 2.4.0
- Turkish for 2.4.0
We are still looking for more translations!!! Can you help? See the list here
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Brazilian Support (Parana)
Chinese Simple Support
Chinese Traditional Support
Persian (Farsi) Support
Russian 2 Support
Turkish Support 2