In 2009 the XOOPS organization was updated with the following structure, each managing, organizing and executing activities in a specific area. In June 2013
we have added new members, and the current structure is as follow: Core Development Team
Coordinated by: Geekwright (Richard Griffith)
- Perform a thorough review of the security of the code base as a primary priority.
- Produce Development Road map in-line
with community expectations and needs.
- Innovate and maintain core software to current technical and security standards.
- Resolve legitimate bugs submitted in
- Enlist the best and brightest open source software developers through communication, innovation and integrity.
- Assist in the training and
development of emerging developers for the XOOPS Project.
- Assist in preparation of documentation concerning the core, in partnership with the Documentation
Coordinated by: Alain01 (Alain Thivillier)
- Create and maintain 'Hacks' repository
- Produce documentation including manuals, tutorials
and articles and FAQs on the use and customisation of the core XOOPS system, third-party modules and related technical issues.
- Assist Core Development and Code Standards, Module
Development and Design groups to publish development-oriented documentation.
- Maintain a repository of completed documentation and translations on behalf of the
Modules Development Team
Coordinated by Zyspec (Jim Garrett)
- Maintain a module development forge as a collaborative work facility for
community module developers.
- Maintain a high-quality repository of completed modules, addons and themes for distribution to the XOOPS community in cooperation with other work
- Create and maintain module packs for different applications of XOOPS including a standard pack to be made available for download with the core XOOPS
- Publish and maintain documents outlining module design specifications, best practices and security/quality assurance standards.
- Assist in the
training and development of emerging module developers for the XOOPS Project
- Assist in preparation of documentation concerning module development, in partnership with the
- Establish dialog to identify the most desired modules sought by the community.
UI/UX Design Team
Coordinated by: Angelo Rocha (AngeloRocha)
- Provide sample themes with the latest technology implementations to spur community creativity.
- Maintain theme packs for
different applications of XOOPS including a standard pack to be made available for download with the core XOOPS distribution.
- Publish and maintain documents outlining theme design
specifications, best practices and security/quality assurance standards.
- Assist in the training and development of emerging theme developers for the XOOPS Project
- Assist in preparation of documentation concerning theme development, in partnership with the Documentation Group.
- Establish dialog to identify the most
desired themes sought by the community.
- Standardize themes across official project sites.
Community Coordination/Support Team
Coordinated by: Irmtfan(Ali Nili)
- Maintain and moderate official project forums according to current acceptable use policies.
- Maintain and publish
moderation rules, standards and procedures and the Code of Conduct.
- Foster working relationship with XOOPS end users that promotes creativity and
- Resolve community disputes through consensus building, mediation and general common sense.
- Develop mechanism for acquiring community input
for development road map, module development, theme design and community web site enhancements
- Maintain mechanism for distributing notices regarding security updates, site
outages, maintenance windows and other issues to community members.
- Provide a forum for representation of and collaboration between the Project and Certified XOOPS Community
- Submit useful contributions of code, themes, translations and other useful resources developed by their communities to the main project’s
International Support Team
Coordinated by: Cesag (Christelle Gaulupeau).
- Ensure proper operations of Certified XOOPS Community Support
- Engage XOOPS international sites to provide translations and timely release of news to the appropriate community sites.
Coordinated by Mamba (Michael Beck)
- Maintain a list of contact points to facilitate distribution of information from the project to the community and international support
- Maintain mechanism for distributing notices regarding security updates, site outages, maintenance windows and other issues to community
- Consolidate and and edit news stories, interviews and announcements from the project teams, community and international support sites for publication and
- Prepare and publish a regular email newsletter for publication to subscribers and for distribution to community and international support
- Promote XOOPS through preparation and circulation of promotional materials, organising XOOPS representation in events, competitions and other publicity
- Maintain journalistic integrity that projects professionalism and truth to the community.
- Publish quarterly updates on the activities and
accomplishments of all Project Groups.
Coordinated by Mboyden (Mark Boyden)
Additional Responsibilities that apply to All
- Establish a mechanism by which the community can submit contributions for review. Incorporate useful contributions in the teams work or in the project’s online repositories, as
- Utilize the Communications and Support teams to establish ties with similarly focused teams and contributors from the international XOOPS
- Contribute quarterly updates and accomplishments to the Communications Group for publication.
- Maintain working relationship with the whole
community and other XOOPS teams.
- Actively recruit work group members from volunteers in the whole XOOPS community considering the capacity, workload and demonstrated disposition
of potential candidates, maintaining a minimum of five active team members at all times.
- Publish and maintain a list of current team members and their responsibilities or
The Council is responsible for overall management and direction of the XOOPS Project. Initially the council will help get the
teams organized and empowered to begin their tasks. If a team's progress stops, the council will help get the team re-staffed and moving forward.
Current Council members: Zyspec (Jim Garrett), Cesag
(Christelle Gaulupeau), Irmtfan(Ali Nili), Angelo Rocha (AngeloRocha) , Mamba (Michael Beck), Mboyden (Mark Boyden), Geekwright (Richard Griffith), Alain01 (Alain Thivillier).