Hakim
Problem installing module magazine1.2
  • 2009/7/3 6:44

• Hakim

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/5/28

Trying to set up my first site with 2.3.3

Have installed module mutimenu and it is there though not configured.

Have failed in my attempt to install message1.2. Unzipped and copied to server in modules directory. Have run install but end up with:

Module data inserted successfully. Module ID: 9
Setting group rights...
Added admin access right for Group ID 1
Added user access right for Group ID: 1

Module installed successfully.
Back to Module Administration page

AND at the top of the page:

Module File for MODDIR Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File

BUT

the module is not installed. There is a tick next to the module but above the empty name of the message is:
"Module File for Not Found!"

I now have two entries for the program and an attempt to uninstall one results in a white screen.

Turning debug on results in:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getInfo() on a non-object in /home/oer49237/public_html/Hustings/modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/main.php on line 207
None All errors (0) queries (10) blocks (0) extra (2) timers (3)
Errors
Queries
SET NAMES 'utf8'
SELECT * FROM config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data, sess_ip FROM session WHERE sess_id = '698f0bd08f37f6a4a15f288fd4476f44'
SELECT * FROM users WHERE uid = '1'
SELECT * FROM modules WHERE dirname = 'system'
DELETE FROM protector_access WHERE expire < UNIX_TIMESTAMP()
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM protector_access WHERE ip='115.166.26.248' AND request_uri='/Hustings/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin&op=uninstall&module='
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM protector_access WHERE ip='115.166.26.248'
INSERT INTO protector_access SET ip='115.166.26.248',request_uri='/Hustings/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin&op=uninstall&module=',expire=UNIX_TIMESTAMP()+'60'
SELECT * FROM modules WHERE dirname = ''
Total: 10 queries

Any idea what is going on here?

ghia
Re: Problem installing module magazine1.2
  • 2009/7/3 8:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Some modules need additional modules or libraries (frameworks) or need that you set up some directories. Read carefuly the text files (readme, install, etc).
Was the module uploaded to the right place? You should always find xoops_version.php at /modules/youruploadedmodule/

culex
  • 2009/7/3 9:54

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Yeah, check to see if you accidently uploaded the message module like this modules/message/message/xoops_version.php instead of modules/message/xoops_version.php
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Hakim
  • 2009/7/5 10:31

• Hakim

• Just popping in

Thanks guys

It was initially installed in the configuration that culex describes as wrong. That was the first thing I changed and it made no difference.

There were no instructions and a closer look at the module description says it is for XOOPS 2.0.x
Maybe that is why it doesn't work?

Oh well. What I really want to do now is get rid of it but the uninstal doesn't work.

culex
  • 2009/7/5 12:22

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

I found this old thread about magazine1.2
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57610&forum=4&post_id=254556

It is no longer supported and does not support php5/mysql5 so this could easily be the reason.

(remember make db backup before this)

If you want to remove and cant make uninstall work, then you have to do it manually from phpmyadmin by deleting the tables defined in the magazine1.2/sql file

CREATE TABLE `mag_article`

All these files yourprefix_tablefromsql you need to delete in phpmyadmin

Next you need to delete entries from this module in templates tables. There are 3 of these. And from these you need to delete all items releated to the module you want to delete.

# xoops_tplfile
# xoops_tplset
# xoops_tplsource

Last search through the xoops_modules table in phpmyadmin and find/delete the module.

After this it should be removed :)
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Hakim
  • 2009/7/5 14:52

• Hakim

• Just popping in

Resized Image

Thank you culex. Much appreciated

I have followed your instructions and all is now well.

I must confess I don't find much joy in the module repository. There is very little there that says it is compatible with the current version.

I know this is not your 'fault' and wonder if there is a better place to look for current modules?

With many thanks
Hakim

sailjapan

Quote:
wonder if there is a better place to look for current modules?

babylonbyxoops, perhaps?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Hakim
  • 2009/7/6 4:49

• Hakim

• Just popping in

Thank you sailjapan

Have downloaded news and an alpha of publisher. Will see if news can do what I want. Or maybe that should be see if I can work out how to drive it properly! :)

Thank you for you help.
Hakim

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits