phppp
[XoopsProject] Updates on June 16th
  • 2007/6/16 7:47

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

In the past days, the XOOPS community has been working on the critical tasks addressed in the Manifest during the transient period.

Progresses by today are introduced as following.

Project teams

The XOOPS Core Development Team: Team creation is almost completed and the team has been starting informally on sourceforge.net
XOOPS Module Development Team: Team leader and member candidates are available, as well as relevant discussions and proposals
Documentation Team: team member candidates are available but no leader candidate yet
Design Team: team member candidates are available but no leader candidate yet
Community Coordinator Team: team member candidates are available but no leader candidate yet
Communication Team: proposed by tom and is updated frequently
XOOPS Advisory Team: a new trial, still being refined. we hope it ready to work soon.

Project Council
The XOOPS Project Council is to be finalized upon XOOPS Project teams. During the procedure of teams establishment, tom and JMorris are invited as temporary council members.

XOOPS Official websites
There are a couple of official websites are under-construction and they are requested to make progress reports to the community.
Snow77 is going to compose a report for the current sites that she and other people have been working on. For what I understand, those sites are very close to finish.
Upon those reports, an overall proposal for the official sites is expected very soon.

Annual report from the XOOPS Foundation
Herko, the current Foundation Chairman has sent me a draft for foundation report and promises an official report once the Foundation members are complete.

Marco
Re: [XoopsProject] Updates on June 16th
  • 2007/6/16 8:14

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

thanks for this summary
i like this "light todo list" aka weekly manifest !
Do synergy or die.

solo71
  • 2007/6/16 13:28

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Good to see things are back on track... and under concern.

Herko
  • 2007/6/16 14:10

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Annual report from the XOOPS Foundation
Herko, the current Foundation Chairman has sent me a draft for foundation report and promises an official report once the Foundation members are complete.

This will not be within 4 weeks time, but as soon as possible afterwards. There are new boardmembers of the Foundation to be processed (marcan, davidl2 and phppp), and then there'll be a year meeting in which last years year report needs to be approved and officialsed. Only then are we allowed to post it.

Herko

phppp
  • 2007/6/17 1:06

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Thank you Herko for the clarification.

instantzero

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
There are new boardmembers of the Foundation to be processed (marcan, davidl2 and phppp)

Yet another democratic process ....

Anonymous
  • 2007/6/17 19:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
instantzero wrote:

Yet another democratic process ....

You've just made me

giba
  • 2007/6/17 20:36

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

It would like to see a deep change in this foundation.

re-election would be in the guideline?

A new presidency perhaps?

BlueStocking

Herko,
I do hope I am not out of line here but I have much I would like to accomplish that could in the process AND in the end benefit Xoops.

Please tell me, does phppp have the authority to approve this request and if not tell me where I might go to extend my plea.

Thank you,
Darcy Stonesifer - Alexander, AR USA.
End-user rep.

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Good ideas.
Most of the missions of the team are covered by "community coordinator" and "advisory team".

However, IMHO, it will be a very good practice if you build the team as a "purely community based and self organized unit" -- Not meant to be opposite with the "official teams" which are reporting to XOOPS Project Council, but to be a users organized and users managed team.
And let's see which is the better way: officially managed or users self organized.

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Phppp
Thank you very much,

I would like to request an End Users forum placed in a like area as the xoops.org members lounge.
Where we might proceed to implement our ideas. I respectfully request you permit SailJapan and I access and moderator privileges for this specific area and purpose.

Thank you,
BS
Darcy Stonesifer
Benton, AR.

Moderator note(irmtfan): i remove the image (288 KB) and replace it with quotes because it makes page too heavy for loading
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

MadFish
  • 2007/6/18 8:08

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I suspect that there are some legal requirements for the XOOPS Foundation has to satisfy in terms of actually having enough members to approve the Foundation's report and release it to the community.

However, I take InstantZero's point. Are these permanent appointees? Or temporary appointees for the transition period? Would it be possible to see the bylaws of the foundation?

There is a dire need to develop and publish Terms of Reference for the Project Council, the Foundation [note: probably has rules already somewhere], and all project teams as the *first* order of business, before going any further.

Edit: PS: Thanks for the summary of developments.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits