-- Interviews
-- SVN Updates
-- New modules and reviews
-- New Themes
-- WOX

- Promotion
-- Promote XOOPS using resources around the net
-- Use initiative in creating new promotion avenues
-- Generate interest from out side developers to join the project either as a module developer, theme developer, etc
-- Possible XOOPS Competitions for the community

- Documentation
-- Core documentation for developers - aimed at newcomers
-- Theme documentation - aimed at new designers, detail cool and innovative ways to create new themes, other theme docs will be for beginners for how to's on installing themes and making minor alterations
-- XOOPS documentation -aimed at new and experienced users for how to use the XOOPS system.
-- XOOPS Module - aimed at new and experienced users with details of how to use a module, it's features, etc.
-- Road-map - This is perhaps more a job for the devs??? but could be assisted by someone from Com's team???

- Translations
-- Translate to other languages for use in international support sites

- Community coordination
Team will fall under it's own - [XoopsTeam] progress - community coordination - June 10th

Rules:
1 a member being inactive (no news, docs, no team meeting for more than two month) will be losing his/her Com's identity.
2 every member shall report to Team Coordinator on the First of each month
3 the team shall report to XOOPS Project Council on the First of each month

Leader(s):
Tom

Members:
skenow
jensclas
MadFish
kurak_bu
irmtfan
wtravel
slyss

Applications are now closed, our team can now further evaluate the needs of the community, and should more hands be needed, we can make further assessments then.

Translators
debianus - Spanish

Translators will not form part of the team but are people whom have offered their services to translate finised work.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

tom
Re: [XoopsTeam] progress - Communications Team - June 10th
  • 2007/6/10 5:18

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

My suggestions, based on my experience with them:

wtravel
Skenow
MadFish
jensclas
sato-san
JAVesey

Anyone else up for some hard work

The tasks list is also not a conclusive one, and suggestions are to be made.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

wtravel

Slyss79 signed up for the team as well in one of the posts for the documentation and promotion team.

slyss
  • 2007/6/10 6:41

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Slyss79 signed up for the team as well in one of the posts for the documentation and promotion team.

yes but remember: english is not my first language and maybe i can help only for the promotion team...
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

kurak_bu
  • 2007/6/10 6:49

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

Hello, if you need help with docs here is my topic:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic...
I would like to be a member of this team.
My first language is Polish.

MadFish
  • 2007/6/10 7:32

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
yes but remember: english is not my first language and maybe i can help only for the promotion team...

It would be great to have people that speak other languages for translation of documents, newsletters, announcements etc (in both directions!).

I'm happy to work on the communications team (assuming the proposal to merge docs/news/promotion teams etc is accepted).

slyss
  • 2007/6/10 7:35

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

Quote:

MadFish wrote:

It would be great to have people that speak other languages for translation of documents, newsletters, announcements etc (in both directions!).

perfect.... i'm Co-Webmaster of XOOPS Italia
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

MadFish
  • 2007/6/10 7:44

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Thoughts and additions for the first post:

News
- New Hacks/XOOPSFaqs
- Security patch/alerts (email announcement to users)

Very happy to see the proposal for human-readable documentation about the core system and its architechture to help newcomers start programming. That would be a huge win.

debianus
  • 2007/6/10 13:39

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Quote:

tom wrote:
The XOOPS Communications Team Proposal

Tasks:

- Community coordination
Team will fall under it's own - [XoopsTeam] progress - community coordination - June 10th

Currently open to applicants and suggestions.

Suggestion: Tasks: communications with the XOOPS support local sites, organization, assistance, feedback etc.

I think that could to be a good idea this: all local support sites could use the same design theme and get an organization as ubuntu.

And the web name could be: xoops-es.org, xoops-it.org xoops-pt.org etc.

Excuse me; I do not know if this message is for "Community coordination" or "Tasks of XOOPS Communication".

The local support sites are very importants for the community: a lot of users do not understand english and they need support in the local language.
-------------------------------
Quote:
- Translations
-- Translate to other languages for use in international support sites

I want to help in translations to spanish: I had offered my help to Riosoft and I had request to the spanish community about this

Who I am?. Certainly I am registered since few time ago. I had used XOOPS three years ago but I am not a encoder a my english must to enhance. But I know XOOPS as normal user and think that translations an a strong local support could help to xoops.

I had translated to spanish: mpmanager (new version here) and hterror modules

web-M
  • 2007/6/10 14:09

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

Quote:

I think that could to be a good idea this: all local support sites could use the same design theme and get an organization as ubuntu.

And the web name could be: xoops-es.org, xoops-it.org xoops-pt.org etc.

Well I tink it's indeed important that there will come a (new) list of local supportsites that is up-to-date. I also think It's a good thing that they are presentated on the official site with the standard localsupport badgets.

But I think and I feel that the local supportsites are important sites that throug the years have build their one usergroup and have got their own identity. I think, from that perspective that it's not nessesary and maybe even not wanted that they have to give up there onw identity by giving up their URL and personal design. It's my personal opinion that this would be a great loss

If you want that you can better build a multi language site where support members translate the news and articles in that one particular site.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits