alitan
Predator Joined Mambo!
  • 2005/5/7 18:14

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

I just saw Predator post on Forum.mamboserver.com .
Seems that he is now a Mambo developer!
Of course it was nice to see him among XOOPS Developers before.I hope he succeed there as he was successful here before.

For more information checkout this link:
http://forum.mamboserver.com/showpost.php?p=205520&postcount=105

P.S ---> What is happening , Some developers are leaving XOOPS and joining other CMS. (Catzwolf, Predator, Japanese support site).

Mikhail
Re: Predator Joined Mambo!
  • 2005/5/7 18:37

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

alitan wrote:
I just saw Predator post on Forum.mamboserver.com .
Seems that he is now a Mambo developer!
Of course it was nice to see him among XOOPS Developers before.I hope he succeed there as he was successful here before.

For more information checkout this link:
http://forum.mamboserver.com/showpost.php?p=205520&postcount=105

P.S ---> What is happening , Some developers are leaving XOOPS and joining other CMS. (Catzwolf, Predator, Japanese support site).

so many options... communication problems, motivation problems, money problems, feedbacks problems (e eu quis dizer "retroalimentação")

better ask to Master, sure... but I feel that something is wrong... mainly the communication between the diverses communities...

Now *particularly*: today my posts was deleted by a order by a webhosting owner, that was put to concur with first XOOPS Brasil, and was created a union with another 8 webhosting services against the first opensource project. And all unnecessary, without reasons,... only because a big lobby was made.

OBS: I think to work with typo3 *too*, making a brazilian community after the "XOOPS Brasil Reloaded".

Herko
  • 2005/5/7 18:51

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Why is it that something has to be wrong when someone leaves? It has been his own choice, as it has been with Catzwolf and the japanese support team. And it's natural to go somewhere else if you don't fully agree with where it is going. Mambo has lost it's share of core developers, as have many other projects. We have 30.000 members (as of today), people coming and going all the time. Nobody is forced to leave, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with everyone all the time, right?

This is all a storm in a glass of water...

Herko

ps/obs, nobody is saying that you should use XOOPS exclusively... but choose based on real arguments and facts, not these rumours and vagueries.

alitan
  • 2005/5/7 18:56

• alitan

• Quite a regular

I agree with you Herko!

Herko
  • 2005/5/7 19:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Thanks you Now, I'd like to wish Predator all the best for his new endeavours with Mambo, as Mambo is a good project to work in (I have some good friends in the mambo community ). Predator is a fine developer who can use mambo very well. So, all the best for him.

Now, can we please get back to making XOOPS a better system and promoting it's use and support? I thought that's what we were here for. There is a LOT being prepared at the moment that we will and are submitteng for your comments and approval. Some big, some small, but it's an effort we bring collectively.

Lets put the fun back in XOOPS

Herko

alitan
  • 2005/5/7 19:04

• alitan

• Quite a regular

Ok!
Herko I sent a PM for you a few days ago! please check it out! It's about a plan to promote Xoops!
If you have not recieved it, please tell me so that I can send it again!

Sorry for speaking off-topic here!

Mikhail
  • 2005/5/7 19:13

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:

We have 30.000 members (as of today), people coming and going all the time. Nobody is forced to leave, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with everyone all the time, right?

And the XOOPS Brasil have 21.028 members now, 2005/05/07,
and need more integration with www.xoops.org (my opinion).

Ronaldus
  • 2005/5/7 19:16

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Right Herko!

Indeed there are some topics about all kind of storms in glasses of water. I can't judge the content because I'm not so in that kind of rumouring...

Nevertheless: let's see things as opportunity's and not as threats! With so much members and knowledge in the XOOPS community, and such a great CMS, it must be possible to keep our head cool. (Why let it get hot in the first place?)

Only risk in my opinion for such a great communtiy is that it's becoming a reflection of a non-virtual society....

So far for my 50 cts.

Greetings,

phppp
  • 2005/5/7 19:20

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

well, all best wishes to Marko.

As I know, Marko registered to mambo more than two weeks ago (I also happpened to register around that time -- we learnt each other's registration after we had a chat on MSN). However, he kept silent at mambo site till May 5th.

Now I recall, it was almost at the same time for two things: his first post at mambo site and our chat on MSN ( during that chat I told him I had been told that "Predator" was going to be contacted, but he told me he never got any message )

I am happy Marko finds his proper place although he joined mambo is not ONLY because he finds mambo a good CMS.

This is an off-topic story about, perhaps, communication problem. And it is only from my eyes, perhaps not the truth.

catalin12345

hello to all,
i`ve used too mambo and XOOPS too !
i`m using XOOPS because from the first time i`ve installed i fall in love with xoop`s,also i love this great community that has been created by xoops!
everytime that i need supported on XOOPS to do something or to modify something ,somebody from this forum helped me i think the XOOPS will be revolutionary if we will keep up the good work with ideas ,promoting ,meeting and supporting XOOPS developers!
For the best off all,Free open source code Rulz!XOOPS COMMUNITY RULZ i don`t think there are any communication problem!Mambo doesn`t have and will never have the facilitiest of XOOPS and will never have the support that XOOPS have it and will have it more from the users and from people all over the world!Mambo is nice i admited but XOOPS RULZ!
Best whises to all xoopers all over the world and for herko,monty-best regards and keep up the good work !

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits