snow77
Re: a final end
  • 2005/3/25 3:59

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

I agree...this has become to dumb to keep on discussing about I have been with XOOPS over three years and have not have found any major problems the code is very good, the communnity is great, I love all the developers, just don't understand when all the fussing comes up when I come up with discussions like this. Certainly the programmers have done their best and themes is the least important when you can easily make them yourself.... all I can say is that I feel that XOOPS coders have done their best. Thank you all.

rts2271
  • 2005/4/6 18:55

• rts2271

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/26

nm i already patched for this lol

adrock
  • 2005/4/14 19:53

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

Just remember, 127.0.0.1 spells home in any language!

I did a site conversion for someone about 4 months ago...they were using Nuke, and were having many 'hacking' issues with it. The conversion went well...and the same kids that were continually attacking the Nuke version spend their afternoons after school attempting to break into the XOOPS version of the site.

All I have to say is;
"Thank you to the XOOPS core team for their dedication and efforts at making one of the best CMS's available! and my continued thanks to GiJoe for his development and mod efforts. I use ALL of them, and my customers and I couldn't be happier with any of it!"

Thanks for a fabulous and informative thread!

jamesbond420

:)

jamesbond420

:)

m0nty
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/6/21 22:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

well nice bump jamesbond..

altho i must admit, everytime this topic gets bumped, i always have a chuckle at Dons' last post..

Quote:

Back on topic...
After reading this thread I've determined for myself that XOOPS is NOT on crack. I'm pretty sure about that. For me that closes this one. (that doesn't mean that all XOOPS users aren't on crack, the code is fine {core})

always a laugh in my mind :)

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/22 1:17

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

minahito wrote:

Translation of document isn't important. I learned many 'programming technique' from the American book written in English.(we can buy American books in Amazon Japan.) but I can't read English.

We may not be able to talk and exchange a document, because many japanese aren't good at English. but, we can exchange 'proguram code'.

I agree, 100%. And i'm thinking about your post,... because many brazilians aren't good in English, and dont visit xoops.org. but the the people that work with tecnology needs to understand it.

Quote:

'program code' is an excellent international language for us.

is true? exist a language called 'program code'?

Quote:

that is better than Esperanto.

And I think "Interlingua" better than esperanto,
much more "natural" and impartial...

I dont know, but esperanto looks like français...
not easy to be lerned....

Idea: create a forum called "Sorry for my poor english".

DonXoop

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
well nice bump jamesbond..

altho i must admit, everytime this topic gets bumped, i always have a chuckle at Dons' last post..

Quote:

Back on topic...
After reading this thread I've determined for myself that XOOPS is NOT on crack. I'm pretty sure about that. For me that closes this one. (that doesn't mean that all XOOPS users aren't on crack, the code is fine {core})

always a laugh in my mind :)

hehe.

I still say that it isn't XOOPS that is on crack, it is some of the users.

We have a show up here (don't like it) called "Strange Days, Indeed". indeed.

ALineberger

Not to resurrect this beast once the stake was truly driven through it's heart, but having read the entire thread in one sitting, I am still wondering if the security holes seen by the Asian/Brazilian contingents were all fixed? Should you still use Protector - does it even apply after 2.0.12a?

Looking at GIJOE's change log for the latest version -
2.40RC2 (2005/4/4)
That's almost three months with no change. In fact no change since before 2.0.10 was released. That can be read as his supreme confidence that he's got it locked down. Or read as he's got better things to be working on as Protector is no longer as necessary as it was. I would truly like to know which of those two possibilities is closest to the truth.

Any learned commentary would be most appreciated.

---------------
Am I being paranoid? You betcha. Does it mean there ain't anybody after me? No bet.

jdseymour

I still use the protector. I use it mainly for added assurance, plus logging of the attacks. GIJOE will update the protector I am sure as new holes are found (and there will always be some). The protector is a great module that does a great job without using a lot of resources.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits