jester
News problem
  • 2004/9/16 7:19

• jester

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/18

I'm having some permission problems with the recent update for news. For some reason, anonymous visitors can't read the whole article (the portion you see after you click "read more"). Whenever I try to set the permissions so that they can read everything, I just get a page that has nothing but a back link.. no sort of "database updated" or anything. Any tips for how to fix this?

Mithrandir
Re: News problem

News Module version?

jester
  • 2004/9/16 19:32

• jester

• Just popping in

Oh... sorry. My news version is 1.21 and my XOOPS version is 2.07.3

talunceford

Mithrandir,

Im also having a problem with the News 1.2.1 module too. Since I upgraded to 2.0.7.3 of Xoops, I can't seem to get the news/submit.php file to display the theme at all. It submits news fine, but doesn't display the theme.

Any clues to what might be causing the hiccup? And yes I did the debugging, and it doesn't allow the debugging to work... just loads the forms and what not. You can see it in action on my site.

hervet
  • 2004/9/16 20:37

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

Please verify the value of the module's option "Restrict Topics on Index Page?"

Bye,
Hervé

jester
  • 2004/9/16 22:16

• jester

• Just popping in

I have it set to "no".

Chappy
  • 2004/9/17 3:31

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Maybe check out this link. I had some similar problems, though not exactly like the ones you are reporting. I do know that there's something related to the the templates that seems to make this module update bend over and cough. I fought with this several hours last night, especially trying to isolate what seems to work, what didn't and in what order. Ultimately, I got it working by Quote:
In order to get the aricles to show I had to do all these steps (which of them actually does the trick, I do not know): Clone the default template, rename it, set the prefs to the new template name, delete the news templates, update the module, then generate the new news templates.

That is roughly the order in which I did the steps.

I hope that this helps. For my part, I went throught that process a bunch of times. The problem I had, though, was that articles created after installation of this upgrade just didn't show. So, this may have absolutely no relevance whatsoever. I hope you get it working. You have a nice site.

DonXoop

The other gotcha is the permissions. Each section has it's own Submit button. Isn't obvious and if you don't do each section you won't have enough privs as you think you've set.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits