coopersita
Are you making money with Xoops?

Hi,

I'm just wondering how many of you have profitable XOOPS based websites?

Do you make just a little extra cash? Do you make your living of it?

Just curiosity...

Thanks

gestroud
Re: Are you making money with Xoops?
  • 2007/1/4 15:59

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Earning just enough to make ends meet, but nothing to write home about.

coopersita

I guess I forgot also to ask. Is the revenue from ads, or subscriptions?

Even it it's end meet, sounds like you can make a living with a XOOPS site.

jensclas

Well - I make nothing - its a love job! Having said that I haven't tried to make some money but i am thinking about it - would like the site to at least pay for itself! i am sure not so long ago an article or thread was posted about making money - have you run a search? Thats what I was planning to do when I have decided to look into it.

limecity
  • 2007/1/5 2:04

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

If ur sites has traffic, that would mean $$$$
look for ads agency.

As for mine, I manage to accumulated well enough just to pay off the hosting and domain. well thats enough I think.
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

Mithrandir

My Google ads have already generated $0.14 in only one month. By the end of the year, I will have enough for a pack of cigarettes.

(No, I am not impressed with Google's payment policies)
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

jeffgr
  • 2007/1/5 10:32

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

To actually make money from your sites, you need huge amounts of daily, recurring traffic...say, 50,000 unique visitors a week, to make anywhere from $10-$100 per day in Adsense revenue. At least that is what I have been able to discern from other more popular sites over time. The amount of money you make through clickthroughs varies widely, and depends on a number of factors, including what type of content is actually on your site... some ads pay out more then others...

In other words... unless you have a wildly successful site in terms of unique daily traffic numbers... don't quit your day job!

Mithrandir

Thanks for the numbers, Jeff.

If those numbers check out, I'd say that Google Adsense is worth nothing. If you have a site with 50 thousand unique visitors per week, you should be able to achieve at least $10 CPM - with 50 thousand unique visitors, that could be around 200 thousand pageviews and $2000 per week + extra for clicks.

It will take more work with individually negotiating and managing advertising, but I seriously find Google Adsense to be taking too big a cut. It's extremely easy, but it's no wonder, they make a lot of money on these deals.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

limecity
  • 2007/1/5 11:50

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

I got banned from Google Ads when I manage to accumulate USD 20.00 over a year. They claimed that I have invalid clicks. =_= . A ripoff.

There are many other choices than Google ads. Far better ones.
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

zeroram
  • 2007/1/5 17:08

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

i run a few personal spanish sites.. generating around 30.000 pageviews per day... and earnings can go from 5 bucks to 30 bucks per day... using google adsense.

i have been with them since 2003 and so far , never been banned...

November and december months seem to have been very good for me.. the best months so far.

$500 and $400 per month

the key to generate is to place ads on key places. if you got banned means you didnt follow their rules.

you will easily get banner if your site have more ads than content, or simple stuff like site not been updated for too long.

be warn that if you ever click 1 time on your own ad you can get banned just for that... if you want to test your ads you need to tell them right away.

read their terms and am sure you can get more than .14 per month

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits