DavidJ7
Admin access missing!!! HELP
  • 2006/9/30 1:16

• DavidJ7

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/29

All my admin access has gone!!! Followed instructions in the FAQ, even went so far as to allow access to anon users in group perms via phpmyadmin in cpanel (set system_admin and I still can't access the admin section.

It's a relatively new install, 2.0.14 with blog, calendar, xcgal & contact mods ONLY. Was working fine for a day or 2...then it welcomed me as admin, but treats my admin profile as anon?

Any ideas?
DJ.

jensclas
Re: Admin access missing!!! HELP

hmmm...what FAQ did you follow?

Quote:
Can't login as admin? Try this FAQ for starters.

There are more on this topic depending on the specific circumstances in FAQ's and in forums. Please use search. [/url]

Bender
  • 2006/9/30 7:32

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

What do you mean with treats you as anonymous?
You are
"logged in and it shows you are logged in with your name"
or
"you log in, it says thanks for logging in and then you are not logged in?"
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 11:06

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I had something like that with cookies off and I deleted the Cache and templates files...
Which stores an admin.php; straight after going too admin again it declared this that it was my first time, yet due to no cookies or something like that it did do what you are saying, then when the flies was back and i allowed cookies it was cool again and let me in.... unsure what that was about?
yet try your cookies and make sure you have the chmod on the templates and cache folders to writeable to make said file.

mattlay
  • 2006/9/30 13:11

• mattlay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/21

Hmm my post didn't show up. I just started having one of the problems you quoted Bender.

"you log in, it says thanks for logging in and then you are not logged in?"

What can I do? No one can log in and now the site is down.

Please help!!!

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 14:59

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Clean your Cache and templates may help and then go to prefrences when you can and submit; it refreshes the cache files...

If I remember rightly also custom cookies caused a problem like this a few years ago...try turning it off and on as old cookies may have reset or something like this...yet that is a guess

DavidJ7
  • 2006/9/30 17:46

• DavidJ7

• Just popping in

Thanks a mil for all the replies...

@ Jensclas. This FAQ by Carnuke which seems to identify the issue, basically that the admin id isn't recognized as part of group 1 (webmasters). As per Carnuke's FAQ. I did check in the MySQL db, which shows the user id set to group 1 and the sys admin module set to 1 also etc....theoretically, when I log in I should have access to admin.php page, but I don't.

@Bender. What I mean by treats me as anon user is that I can browse the site as if I'm not logged in, even after I log in and it says welcome admin. It recognizes the uname and p/w when I enter and submit them, "Thanks for logging in..." msg, redirects to index BUT the user menu is not there. I tried entering /admin.php into the address bar, I get the "don't have permission to access..." msg, even tho' I know I'm logged in!

@ Wizanda. Templates_c and cache folders both at 777, cookies are ON in browser and the install was NOT using custom cookies (was at default; 15 minutes expire I think). I did clean the files in cache folder, but not in templates_c folder, are you suggesting deleting those?

The other thing I can think of is that I'm using an older version of xcGal as the latest stated XOOPS 2.2x compatible (I couldn't find info on 2.0.14 compatible xcgallery module), It seemed to work fine after install and set up, created albums and groups, let me upload etc. Just wondering if this could be the cause?

Ok, think that covers it, thanks again, hope I can fix this I'd hate to start over and it would be good to know what caused this so we can avoid it in the future.
DJ.

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 17:54

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Yes I do normally and just leave the index.html in the folder a lot of the updates instructions say do that

DavidJ7
  • 2006/9/30 18:33

• DavidJ7

• Just popping in

Thanks Wizanda,

Did it, still can't get to to admin section.
DJ

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 18:53

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Ok make a new user unless you have one for testing, go to the MySQL and make sure that user are in admin group and see if you are still admin...just incase someone else has logged you out that group of being your own admin... if you have more then one admin that is??? just as a long shot...
define('XOOPS_GROUP_ADMIN', '1');
define('XOOPS_GROUP_USERS', '2');
define('XOOPS_GROUP_ANONYMOUS', '3');

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits