mouacy
canaca.com is using my domain to advertise their company
  • 2005/2/23 23:36

• mouacy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/11/2

I host with them for a week, their server couldnot handle my 1700 members. They suspended me.

AND now they put a note like this one:

http://66.49.234.209/suspend/site154.html

They use my domain name to advertise their company to my visitors. They won't redirect my visitors to my other hosting while I'm waiting for my domain pointer to point my other hosting.

I contact their tech support and all they said is for me to purchase one of their dedicated server.

I will never recommend canaca.com to anyone I know.

Tabasco
Re: canaca.com is using my domain to advertise their company
  • 2005/2/23 23:59

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

We started using Canaca, and have been very disappointed. Everyday, we have numerous connection problems. I have written to tech support numerous times, when the server goes down, and we get maybe 40-50 visits a day.

mouacy
  • 2005/2/25 23:34

• mouacy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/11/2

Now canaca is charging me for overloading their server:

Quote:

====== Please reply above this line ======
Refund Request

hello

the best we can do is charge for a month and refund the differnce xxx.xx usd as you have over loaded our server which is the cause of us suspendiong your account,please confirm before we go ahead with the refund

thank you
Best Regards,
Canaca-Com Inc. Staff

Here is the guarantee:

30 Day Monay Back Guarantee: "If you will become unsatisfied with our services within the first 30 days of your account activation, Canaca.com will refund your hosting fee."

konaafob
  • 2005/2/27 14:14

• konaafob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

Some times I even faced connection problems with Canaca.

Yet they are little better compared to others like hostway etc.

They support XOOPS and they offer excellent deals.

By looking into your thread I am not sure whether to stay with it or leave it now than later ....

Let me know if you find any good reliable hosting company which support XOOPS.

I bought hosting service from canaca for next 2 years

did they communicate to you before suspeding your account ??

-- Kona

davidl2
  • 2005/2/27 14:41

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I still recommend www.3dpixelnet.com - nice reliable company, and the support has been excellent for me.

They did have a XOOPS offer running a while ago, so you may want to see if they still have... even if not, their rates are very good.

wtravel

cwihosting.com and surpasshosting.com are worth a try as well.

Hostway.com has got good support but they simply cannot offer good services because of the resources they are using (tried them about a year ago so do not know if they improved compared to that time).

Martijn

Arowana
  • 2005/2/28 17:11

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

I have had great luck with webhostingbuzz.com. I have selected the biggest package for the bandwidth issue at 65000 I find it was the best deal for the money.

This last year they have updated all their servers to dual xeons and have been running great. At first two years ago their was a lot of down times but I would say that have corrected these issues as I have not noticed any downtime in the last 8 months.

the dont over load their servers but over selling account, instead they have a set number of accounts they sell for each server keeping in mind that they do offer unlimited sub-domains and add on domains.

Well worth the 85 USD per year for everything they offer.

As far as XOOPS on their servers I have 6 XOOPS sites and all installed / run just fine without problems.

binarywhispr

lol, I just glanced in here and was leaving when I saw the name Canaca.

I used to be a partner in a web design and hosting company and we used Canaca as one of our hosting companies. We had approx 20 low bandwidth sites with them. All the sites were typical company sites. Canaca was rarely down completely but they rarely worked completely. Their tech support was the biggest issue though as they commonly ignored our trouble tickets and even worse for a reseller/host is that they would not supply us with full invoices.

I am currently with resellerzoom.com. So far they kick serious butt for the money but I haven't been eating much bandwidth so far. Time will tell

They have Fantastico and XOOPS with unlimited domains, sql, email and more starting at $4.95 per month. you can set them up to debit your pypal account as well which is cool.

Binary Whisper

Mantooth
  • 2005/3/3 0:06

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

Quote:

binarywhispr wrote:

They have Fantastico and XOOPS with unlimited domains, sql, email and more starting at $4.95 per month. you can set them up to debit your pypal account as well which is cool.

Binary Whisper

When you guys say these hosting companies 'have' XOOPS or 'offer' xoops, does that just mean they support it? or does it mean that they already have it installed on each account? <-- i was just curious about that.

For hosting, i use www.hostultra.com . they have a plan that has 200mb web space and 7gig bandwidth/month for $20 per year. My 2400 member XOOPS site has never had any problems on it and i've never once noticed any downtime. Tech support actually answers your questions too As far as i can tell, it's a great deal with great service.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits