pballmama
XCGallery vs. XoopsGallery vs. MyAlbum
  • 2004/5/24 17:44

• pballmama

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

Can anyone out there give me an opinion of which one of these album modules I should install?? Just thought I should ask before doing them myself.........
Thanks --

rider
Re: XCGallery vs. XoopsGallery vs. MyAlbum
  • 2004/5/24 19:26

• rider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/18

I had many issues with XOOPS Gallery and MyAlbum.

I managed to get MyAlbum working but it refused to see ImageMagik and thus I had crappy thumbnail images.

I recommend XCGallery because it works and does so very well.

Check out my site and click on the Photo Gallery module to see what I mean.

limecity
  • 2004/5/24 19:31

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

I started with myalbum..
then move to myalbum-p
then now using xoopsgallery..

i haven try xcgallery yet..

Xoopsgallery...
-you won't be able to place a block RECENT images in text format.. its all picture format..

myalbum
-you might have problem with the thumbnails..as mention by rider. As what i have encounter..the thumbnail file size is as big as the original image file. So the loading is really slow... if you put on the frontpage as Random Photos..

XCgallery i haven try yet. but some users had already recommend it..

djsckizo
  • 2004/5/24 19:40

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Well, I use MyAlbum for Lindavester.net and I use xCGal for Quintina.net. They both serve the sites very well. With xCGal, I have given users the ability to have their own albums and things, thus making my site a free image host. With MyAlbum, users can submit pictures of Linda Vester, but they all go into the big whole album. I like it better that way.

pballmama
THANKS FOR THE INPUT
  • 2004/5/25 12:16

• pballmama

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

Thanks to you all for the great input. I am going to give XCGallery a shot because I need my users to be able to construct their own albums.
Thanks again to you all -- you saved me TONS of time -as I am sure that you know...........

side note -- wouldn't it be nice to have a comparison of modules that existed for the same function -- like this conversation on albums???

Olorin
Re: THANKS FOR THE INPUT
  • 2004/5/25 13:58

• Olorin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/5 1

Hehehe, I'm sure GIJOE would think it's high time he changed the name of myalbum-p to something original if he read this thread.

Surely Xoopsgallery and XCGallery are powerful gallery modules. However when it comes to its flexibility, Myalbum-p cannot be inferior to them. You can easily install multiple album, and one of them can be used for the alternative to the core imagemanager, which make it easier to upload images while you are posting news and blogs. As regard imagemagik, it properly detected imagemagik on my server.

Anyway, all of them are worth installing on your TEST server at least.

Welcome to the world of Xoops, pballmama.

P.S. Note that myalbum and myalbum-p are quite different.

hawkeyegop
  • 2004/12/5 21:41

• hawkeyegop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/18

Wow, I've never heard of a Linda Vester fansite before.

brash
  • 2004/12/5 21:58

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

pballmama wrote:
Thanks to you all for the great input. I am going to give XCGallery a shot because I need my users to be able to construct their own albums.
Thanks again to you all -- you saved me TONS of time -as I am sure that you know...........

side note -- wouldn't it be nice to have a comparison of modules that existed for the same function -- like this conversation on albums???

I use xcGallery, and find it very good.

It would be good to have a comparison of modules, but it becomes some what cloudy when doing a feature set review as it can be viewed upon as being subjective. It would be good though.

Shine
  • 2004/12/5 22:16

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

I had a lot of problems with myalbum-p, so I unistalled it (which was a pain also).
Some while ago my webhoster disabled the netbmp and imagemagick function, which made it impossible for me to use the other galleries because they all function only with imagemagick or netbpm. Wish the devs consider to build in the GD option (like myalbum-p). After all....there will always be quit some endusers who can only use GD.

Grtz., Shine

brash
  • 2004/12/5 22:19

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Doesn't xcGallery use GD?

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits