ladysham
Need some help ASAP
  • 2004/1/25 23:42

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

OK - I've installed XOOPS on yet another website that my Brother-in-law is maintaining. He went in tonight to add some categories to the forums module and set up his forums.

Now, for some reason, when I log in, there is no longer a "system" module. I can't access the system module at all.

Any idea why this happened? The only thing I can think of is that he and I were both logged in as administration at the same time. Would this have caused it to "go away"? Any idea how to retrieve it without redoing the site?

Thanks for any help!

Kelly Ling

JackJ
Re: Need some help ASAP
  • 2004/1/25 23:47

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups

put a checkmark in the system admin rights boxes at the top in the webmasters group.

this happens by clicking on update in the webmasters group without having checkmarks in the system admin rights.

Although you have initial system admin rights, XOOPS does not default to filling in the checkboxes, so when you click on update without the checkmarks, your rights are taken away.

ladysham
  • 2004/1/25 23:52

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Jack - Just wondering, this is my third site with XOOPS and I think I'm getting pretty good at this. LOL. Is this something I should check each time I set up a new XOOPS site? Or was it just a fluke on this one?

BTW - Your solution worked like a charm. Thanks!!

Kelly Ling

JackJ
  • 2004/1/25 23:56

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

LOL,you mean you have the XOOPS bug? oh dear..its fatal

Bedtime here in uk, all good Scotsmen should be sleeping now.

Glad it helped..see you soon

Maracas
  • 2004/2/18 2:14

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

I'm having this same problem just after installation. I try to go to the admin area. It says I am logging in to the admin area for the first time and to press a button. I do, and I get in an endless loop back to pressing the button again. I can edit my account and stuff but no admin access.

I did the ../admin.php?fct=groups thing and checked the admin rights boxes in the Webmaster group. I saw that I was added properly as a member of the Webmaster group. I hit the update button and it said No Errors. So I'm happy.

Then, I try to go back to the admin area and get right back in that endless loop again and the Webmaster group has those admin rights checkboxes unchecked again.

I logged out, cleared my cookies and stuff, and tried it all over again. Still no luck. This looks like just app I have been looking for but .....

I an SOOOOO frustrated right now. Can anyone help?

Maracas
  • 2004/2/18 2:37

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

Never mind! I turned off Norton Internet Security and it worked fine. I got past that initial button thing and can now go to the Admin Area even with Norton turned back on.

philou
  • 2004/2/18 5:28

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

you can also put your XOOPS site in the trusted domain

Vargr
  • 2004/2/18 9:53

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

Or try to turn Browser Privacy off in Norton.

dp1964
  • 2004/2/22 5:01

• dp1964

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Same with Zone Alarm. Turn off to get in Admin Page and turn on immediately.

BTW, the number of time you hit submit button, the same number of times you have to hit cancel button to get out of the admin loop. In other words, hitting the submit button more than once is a waste of time.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits