dreamgear
Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop
  • 2005/1/6 16:08

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/7/18

Relative paths where ?

I've still got problems after re-installing firefox. I can't even post to this forum. I get this error:

Insert post error:INSERT INTO x_bb_posts ( post_id, pid, topic_id, forum_id, post_time, uid, poster_ip, poster_name, subject, dohtml, dosmiley, doxcode, doimage, dobr, icon, attachsig, attachment, approved, post_karma, require_reply) VALUES (0, 128644, 29465, 7, 1105027493, 2685, 408636353, '', 'Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop', 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, '', 0, '', 1, 0, 0)

I'd like to report this to the firefox team if I can figure out what it is doing that XOOPS dislikes so much.

vanderklis
Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop - problem still unsolved
  • 2005/1/24 19:28

• vanderklis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/24

Fellow XOOPS users,

Starting last night after having installed a couple of new modules, edited the theme, posted some articles, the "first time to enter the administration section" loop began.

I read the other replies, checked the existence of /cache/adminmenu.php. It isn't there, but I can't remember having deleted it (why would I delet it?). who or what creates that file? If it isn't there, and the admin.php page loops with the "first time" message, then what's the solution?

My site's hosted at lycos, so I don't have direct access to an error log file. Plus, since no problem existed before yesterday evening I suggest the relative/absolute path idea isn't a solution.

Anyone with an answer for this strange situation. It must be possible to solve without having to reinstall and refill the content....I hope.

cpgeek
Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop - problem still unsolved
  • 2005/1/31 3:25

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

I too am having problems with the "This is your first time to enter the administration section." page looping.

there are no files in the cache directory and the cache directory is set 777. i've tried (under os x) safari, firefox, and camino and (under windows xp) firefox, and internet explorer. it's not a browser or cache related issue, it's something up with either the XOOPS files or the database. judging from the number of replies to this topic, i think we have a bug in this version of xoops.

If somebody can offer some kind of solution, i'm all ears.

--cpgeek

cpgeek
  • 2005/1/31 14:16

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

after backing up my mainfile.php i completely wiped my XOOPS instalation directory and freshly unpacked the default XOOPS tarball into my html directory, deleted the install directory, set all of my permissions properly, double checked everything, put my original mainfile.php back where it belongs (overwriting the one that came with the default install), logged in and it still has the darn looping problem...

I believe that this confirms that it is not a files issue, and is in fact a database issue (or that there is in fact a big bug in the release).

also, this particular install (database, files, etc.) is pretty stock... i haven't even configured any modules on it. just system. and that was just enough to get through the preferences.

anybody have any further information, please post away!

--Cpgeek

cpgeek
  • 2005/1/31 16:16

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

well, after a complete reinstall of XOOPS 2.0.9.2 (including wiping my entire html directory and database starting from scratch (which i don't really care about as i haven't even configured anything important on the site) i ran the installer without a hitch, entered all my info, all went fine... i logged into the new site, hit the admin tab and it said "This is your first time to enter the administration section.", i clicked ok, it said logging in, and then it went back to "This is your first time to enter the administration section."... the loop continues on a brand new install (note, i was using stock firefox 1.0 for os x).

this might be a firefox issue... i'm going to experiment a little more before reverting to 2.0.8.

maybe it's time to talk to the bug guys about this?

--Cpgeek

scoobster
  • 2005/2/5 11:24

• scoobster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/5 1

I've been having the same problem for the last day or so and found that the solution was to re-configure my firewall (Norton Internet Security).

I had to change the Privacy Control option to uncheck the Enable Browser Privacy Control.

I believe that this allows publication of OS and browser type, version, etc, but probably includes others too.

Problem resolved.

Kovan
  • 2005/2/10 22:31

• Kovan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/5 1

I set up the forum and logged in the admin section from home and everything worked fine. A few days later I log into it from work and it let me log in fine and let me make certain changes but when I would make some changes I would get an error. So I logged out and back in and when I went to the admin section it gave me the same message " This is your first time to enter the administration section" and I would click submit and it just looped.

So I remote desktop back to my home computer and logged in and it said "This is your first...." I clicked submit and it let me into the admin section. So I tried to log back in from work and it let me in. If I make a change that doesn't let me submit it then when I log back in it gives me the same message "This is your first..." and loops when I click submit. Well I tested several things and come to find out it was the firewall at work. I think someone else posted that it was a firewall. So I set my computer up outside our firewall and it worked fine.

It also didn't let me make a post here while I was behind the firewall. It let me log in and click reply but when I would submit it I got the following error:

Insert post error:INSERT INTO x_bb_posts ( post_id, pid, topic_id, forum_id, post_time, uid, poster_ip, poster_name, subject, dohtml, dosmiley, doxcode, doimage, dobr, icon, attachsig, attachment, approved, post_karma, require_reply) VALUES (0, 136333, 29465, 7, 1107980822, 30679, 1095943242, '', 'Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop - problem still unsolved', 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, '', 0, '', 1, 0, 0)

I am not sure what is causing this but it has me concerned about installing XOOPS on my website if certain firewalls are going to block users from being able to post on it.

There is nothing strict about our firewall it is set up pretty much as any company would set their firewall up. I do website work and other things all the time from work and I have never run into this problem.

If you need any more information or would like me to test something else let me know.

Thanks,

Kansas

Skitzo
  • 2005/2/18 16:57

• Skitzo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/22

I too have had this problem and have not been able to make posts here. I read the post above about Norton Internet security and the Privacy setting. If Privacy settings are going to block access this is a major issue! More and more people are using Norton Internet security (I like how well it works for me to say the least) and any site that states that privacy settings will block access is going to take a serious hit in traffic. Me thinks I will continue to use 2.0.7 for a while longer.

dreamgear
Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop SOLUTION
  • 2005/2/27 22:00

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/7/18

If this note gets posted, then I've figure out how to deal with the problem.

You need to remove your Firefox profile and recreate it.

First go into "manage bookmarks" and save your bookmarks somewhere.

go to your "documents and settings/<username>/application/data/mozilla/firefox/profiles" and delete your profile. It will be called "default.???" probably.

Then start firefox, recreating your profile, and then use the bookmark manager to restore your bookmarks.

vanderklis
Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop SOLUTION
  • 2005/2/28 18:40

• vanderklis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/24

Once again, back to the problem as it existed at my website:

- Internet Explorer, not Firefox as client browser
- no Norton firewall

so, there must be another explanation of cause and effect.

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits