hsalazar
Re: Soapbox issue corrected.
  • 2004/2/28 3:27

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

tjnemez:

Please wait a tiny bit more. I found that on moving things around I've wrecked more than I wanted. For instance, now I lost article editing. I've already corrected that one, bu now I'm doing a complete revision of features. I hope by tomorrow night I can release a 1.3 version with all these changes applied.

Cheers.

limecity
  • 2004/2/28 3:56

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

While you're at it..
hmm.. could you possibly change the index pattern
so it shows only names of the categories?

meme
  • 2004/2/28 4:41

• meme

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/12/10

hi hsalazar

i would like to alert you about this two things

1- blank page if you appear soapbox blocks in top page
2- sometimes you can not edit the content of article ( edit not effect )

note : i hope when you release any version you submit in news module (xoops.org ) because this will note all the sites who use XOOPS in there headline module

thanks

tjnemez
  • 2004/2/28 16:22

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey hsalazar,

the only thing that is not working for me is the blank page when blocks are activated. i have renamed the directory, so i was hoping you could provide me with a fix just for the above issue.

cheers,
www.mindhealth.ca

wildo
  • 2004/3/1 21:15

• wildo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/1 1

hi hsalazar,

Thanx for the (fast) update on your module. Now the article blocks show up, but I also got a blank page when loading my site... I read that more users have this problem, so I'll wait for the next update...

I also noticed that when you go to the printer-friendly page of an article, images do not show up. Maybe you can add this in a future release?

In the mean while: keep up the good work. I will keep using Soapbox as my main article module!

\/\/ildo.

hsalazar
  • 2004/3/1 22:28

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

An apology is in order.

The usage of group permissions has turned out to be more complex than I expected. I have successfully assigned permissions on a column basis, but I'm at a loss when defining the blocks, because they need to scan the whole repository of articles and take out of the list those articles whose column should not be seen by the present user. The logic behind my blocks is wrecked, and I'm waiting for some kind dev to enlighten my darkness...

It would be easier, perhaps, to take out the permissions stuff and just grant view rights using the system permissions, but now this has turned into a kind of challenge, and I intend to solve it.

When? As Shakespeare said: that is the question. For the moment, I don't want to wreck more functions, so my advice would be: Soapbox is quite usable as it is, but not its blocks. When you're the webmaster, or when you give all users all rights, everything is ok, but as soon as you begin to granularize rights, things break down.

Unfortunately, I don't have yet the wits to solve this in a flash of genius, so please bear with me.

To ease a bit, I'm now creating a Soapbox clone that will act as a glossary module and that won't have category rights. I hope this will make things a bit easier and could actually give me a module easier to explain in a handbook about module making.

Again, sorry for these delays. I'm learning in order to be able to teach, and it's not always easy when you have such a backlog against you...

Cheers.

marcan
  • 2004/3/1 22:38

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Horacio, I personnally think that the only real problem here is the fact that you built a module that great ! That's all !!!!

Surely, we'll patiently wait for your corrections, but not without a little excitement to install the latest version of your module.

Keep up the good work Horacio ! We support you !

Aianda
  • 2004/3/3 9:50

• Aianda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

In the admin there are three selectable notifications for 'column' events (eg new article). In the front end these do not appear.

using 2.0.6.

otherwise, seems like a good module :)

JackJ
  • 2004/3/6 12:27

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

This is possibly related to the blocks issue

Just noticed when I activate the "recent articles" block and then use the global search I get a blank page, this error appears with debug on

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/modules/soapbox/blocks/arts_new.php on line 35

regards

hemertje
  • 2004/3/6 18:34

• hemertje

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/14

Hi hsalazar,

using your beatiful module on my site, but I have only one option maybe you can add!

Is it possible to order the colums and articles, like in the FAQ module?

Via this way it is easier to setup the articles and colums the way you want what is best for your site...

I was thinking about "automaticly by date" or "manual" like in FAQ...

Thank you...

Greetings, Hemertje

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits