• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
hahahaha

i only just noticed he's from uk too.. lol

good ole british coffee huh..

Too damn right, if not for coffee, this module would still be in the dark ages lol ;)=

@Monty:

What changes did you make to the templates? If you could send me your changes so we can have a look over them. May be we could use them in future (If these changes don't include removing anything requires lol).

Liquid

xsoft
Re: WF-Downloads v2.0.5 Released
  • 2004/7/26 8:00

• xsoft

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

error in update

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/26 9:01

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

I can't download version 2.0.5 of WF Downloads. I keep getting

"This file doesn't belong to the site you came from.

Please e-mail the webmaster of the site you came from and tell him:
NOT TO LEECH OTHER SITES LINKS!!

Definition of a Leecher: One who is to lazy to link from his own server or steals other peoples hard work and makes it look like his own

Your IP address has been logged."

Any ideas? I've tried getting it via this site and the wfSections site. Is there another place I can get it? I notice it says it will be avaiable soon on Sourceforge, but no trace, and other people seem to have already got it from somewhere.

Please help. Thanks

Talis
  • 2004/7/26 10:14

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Still no blocks for Anonymous Users but I think I figured out why.

Tell me if the following scenario is correct:

If I give Anonymous users access to only one file section and none of the files in that section qualify as a New/Popular file, then there's no reason to show either block?

If so, then that explains everything. Registered Users/Webmasters have always been able to see both blocks, but they've always had access to all of the file sections.

m0nty
  • 2004/7/26 11:30

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@liquid

the changes i made to the templates are only really minor.. i've created a few classes in style.css so i just edit the table classes etc so that they use those classes and remove a few style settings themselves ie.. border="0" as they be defined in the style.css.. basically the classes are shared between downloads, addresses module and mylinks, as they share a similar structure. that way they all basically look identical in style and colour etc. i did make 1 change to an actual php file which made the categories display as 3 columns in the list so i have:

cat 1 cat 2 cat 3

cat 4 cat 5 cat 6

instead of how it was showing :

cat 1 cat 2

cat 3 cat 4

etc..

i was wondering tho if it's possible to add an include to it so i can put a stylesheet.css file in the actual modules folder itself and make it use that stylesheet inline, so it would reduce the filesize of my style.css which is getting large with all my class changes..

@TedSmith

the leeching usually occurs if you have something that is blocking http refering (ie a firewall or something) if u still have problems, then PM me ur email and i'll send u the files that way.

@Talis

i'm not sure of the logic behind it, but what u suggest seems logical given that the module has both category and file by file permission. i will have a look later if you don't get an answer from liquid or the wf-section team b4 i get back from my meeting later..

carnuke
  • 2004/7/26 14:09

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

A BIG thanks to you guys for progressing this module to a stable state. We use the original release on the docs site and have had no problems as yet, but will of course do the upgrade. despite the politics, you've banged on and done the work. KUDOS to you!

Here's some insight ... the weather here in UK has been so S**t recently there's very little else to do. Can't cut grass or have BBQs. Maybe open source development need bad weather LOL...

Cheers guys.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/26 14:19

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
A BIG thanks to you guys for progressing this module to a stable state. We use the original release on the docs site and have had no problems as yet, but will of course do the upgrade. despite the politics, you've banged on and done the work. KUDOS to you!

Here's some insight ... the weather here in UK has been so S**t recently there's very little else to do. Can't cut grass or have BBQs. Maybe open source development need bad weather LOL...

Cheers guys.

@CarNuke:

I think I can speak on behalf of all the team members at WF-Projects and say a big thank you to everyone who has helped in anyway with the development of this module and the others we are currently developing at the moment.

There have been small hiccups along the way and we would like to think (even after today’s minor set back) that we have a module we can be proud of at the WF-Projects team.

[edit]
Almost forgot, sorry to hear about your bad weather, but the sun is splitting the pavements here and I am rushing to get some sun lol

Cheers

Liquid

supernix
  • 2004/7/28 10:32

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/13

I have upgraded to 2.05a and I noticed that the version still says 2.04 in the module section and all. I have done an update on the module several times in the module admin section and that has not helped at all.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/28 12:38

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

supernix wrote:
I have upgraded to 2.05a and I noticed that the version still says 2.04 in the module section and all. I have done an update on the module several times in the module admin section and that has not helped at all.

There is a bug in XOOPS where is screws up the version number after you install it. You will notice that before you intstall in the version number will be reported as 2.0.5 but after you install it will say 2.0.4.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits