lajab
Re: Everything you never wanted to know about Xoops and shouldn't have asked
  • 2004/7/5 17:47

• lajab

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/3 1

Honestly Mont

It's not about me wanting anyone to take my side. This is about Herko apologizing to me without being condescending. It's about the fact that he posted and changed an email to leave out certain parts to make himself look good.
I find it funny that Dave has automatically taken a side, and Jill the newb has too and no one has urged the community leader to say simply. I'm sorry. He's even said I'm blowing it out of proportion. NOW I am because all I needed was an I'm sorry. Period. I didnt ask for an explanation on why he did what he did. Nor do I care if he couldn't figure out how to handle it differently. What I want is for him to acknowledge that he is sorry. Nothing else.
The email he sent was still a page long manifesto on how he didn't know what to think about my deleting his account and how he feels he deserves to know where Catz is, like I was Catz himself. Take it up with him. And I don't want him thinking it's ok to use me as a contact for Catz. I'm not his wife, I'm a friend of his who's site he uses to test mods every once in a while. Period. It is wrong. Period. One email should have been enough. If I didn't answer, assume I won't and leave ME alone. As far as keeping it private, if we're all a community then this should be shared with all. Last I checked communities worked together to solve problems. This is a problem to me.
And I say to Dave, you ask Herko why he didn't just PM Catz on my site directly. If he's seen him there he knew he could reach him there.

All I want is a genuine, I'm sorry.

L

kahumbu
  • 2004/7/5 17:52

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Quote:

JillianM wrote:
Oh well on to other software. Can someon recommend any?

I would suggest looking at www.opensourcecms.com (and I think there's another site). It posts some of the more common CMS. Although I think Xaraya and Mambo have some good following.

JillianM
  • 2004/7/5 17:56

• JillianM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/5 1

Thank ya k.ku..yeah thanks. :)

I think I'm going to stick around to see how this pans out though. Just the forums I mean, lol. This is like reality TV via posting.

studioC
  • 2004/7/5 17:57

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:
Perhaps I'll just switch to Mamba...

yes, it's nice it'S spelled mambo and you will find it here:
http://mamboserver.com/

michael

Anonymous
  • 2004/7/5 18:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Is this discussion not boring you all? When you reach a certain age you will get more relaxed. There are far more ways ignoring people, when you don't want to talk to them.

I don't think that this must be discussed in public. This is what you have to discuss with Herko and nobody else!

Just my two euro-cents.

lajab
  • 2004/7/5 18:07

• lajab

• Just popping in

There are both actually, lol. MamBA is old and is XML I think.

lajab
  • 2004/7/5 18:13

• lajab

• Just popping in

LOL funny, that's what I thought when Herko brought me into the whole Catz thing. It should be between those two.

This is simple to solve. Herko sends a "simple"apology letter and the whole topic can be closed.

Herko
  • 2004/7/5 18:20

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

OK, then. I'm sorry I ever contacted you.

Herko

lajab
  • 2004/7/5 18:24

• lajab

• Just popping in

Snippy, and double edged but I'll take it.

And I'll be gracious and say thank you. Now I can go back to being quiet.

Good day people.

L

Big_Bro
  • 2004/7/5 18:24

• Big_Bro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/26

Thank you Herko for trying to get these modules back into the hands of those who will actually do something with them.

I have an idea for an apology lajab, how about one to the regular old XOOPS users who were strung along waiting for these modules for over a year with all the "just around the corner" promises? If there was no intent to do anything with them, they should have been returned to the community, or at least someone could have let us know they wouldn't be updated anymore so someone else could approach them. Instead you made Herko go out looking for them and then tried to make him into the bad guy for you all forcing him to do so.

No sympathy from me at all, except for Herko who clearly was just trying to keep the project moving forward and has to take public abuse from you to do it.

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits