Fritz
Personal Web Pages Module?
  • 2004/5/19 18:14

• Fritz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/5 1

Does anyone know of a module that has been written to allow registered users to create personal web pages within XOOPS?

If not is there a module that could be easily modified to do this?

limecity
Re: Personal Web Pages Module?
  • 2004/5/19 18:18

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

nope and nope
so far there is no such module available yet..

a module called easyweb enable u the webmaster create a web

Fritz
  • 2004/5/19 18:29

• Fritz

• Just popping in

Ooo... Too bad!

I really need one and I've only been PHP coding for a few months, but maybe I'll just have to make one myself.

Thanks!

fluent
  • 2004/5/19 19:08

• fluent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

A friend of mine wrote one but its kind of specific. Its a questionaire and allows images to be uploaded. Its never been released but I'm happy to give it out and it will be released when the code is cleaned up a little bit.

What would be really cool is a page editor using the spaw stuff.

Mail jonathan@gilpin.org if you think the code is useful and want a copy. For a working example see: www.cnpltd.com but you need to register to see the link...

Jonathan

JackJ
  • 2004/5/19 21:14

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I have a wfsections I messed with a bit for a friend that wanted the same thing. It makes use of the spaw module at both ends and users can edit their own articles.

Might be security issues allowing users to use spaw, but I have some insructions for hiding submit from groups etc

It is in the downloads part of my test site, perhaps you could use it as a basis for your own requirements

Fritz
  • 2004/5/19 21:19

• Fritz

• Just popping in

Thanks JackJ!

Does it allow the user to have only one page? That is where I'm running into trouble.

JackJ
  • 2004/5/19 21:30

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I am sure you can restrict this somehow..my friend is providing ready made template articles for users which they edit themselves. You could provide specific users with a page by selecting the user as owner from the dropdown when creating the page, and hide the submit sub-menu from specified groups you create, some instructions for this are included. Doing it this way the article owner will not be able to submit, but just edit.

Edit:

Although the pagebreak command is active, which means the article they have can have more pages in it.but only the one article for each user

this is an older version of wfsections Catz new one does this and more I believe

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits