matangi
free homepages
  • 2004/3/8 4:07

• matangi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/13

how to to a service like ==> free homepages with xoops.

My ideas in the moment is to use sections, to create them fast and easy but maybe there are better ideas or a module that I don`t know.

Background: I like to create some ( 10 - 20 ) small homepages for some of my visitors. I like to do it within XOOPS and it should be fast and easy.

Thank you for some suggestions.

Matangi

Stewdio
Re: free homepages
  • 2004/3/8 5:33

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

The only suggestion I have is to find a 3rd party script and find a way to include it into your pages. It's pleanty of work just finding a script that will work. Once you do, you need to get the includes right for Xoops.

The reward is well worth the effort. I have included numerous 3rd party scripts and have them in testing stages now.

ozboof
  • 2004/3/8 6:13

• ozboof

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/28

Hi Matangi ,

You could try a module called Easyweb 2.0 (beta)
There is a download here http://www.xoops.no/

matangi
  • 2004/3/8 10:39

• matangi

• Just popping in

I will try some solutions and when I found something I will post it.

It has to be an easy solution, I don`t like to write websites in html for my friends, because of lifetimegarantee and they will ask me to change things every day.

Matangi

dheltzel
  • 2004/3/8 14:14

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Quote:

matangi wrote:

It has to be an easy solution, I don`t like to write websites in html for my friends, because of lifetimegarantee and they will ask me to change things every day.

Matangi

Don't we all have friends like that.

At least it makes up popular, and sometimes we get nice things in return.

I'd be very interested in your findings as well. I was going to look into the phpWiki module for something like that. I imagine there are permission issues with letting people only edit certain pages, but Wiki's are very nice in that they could create a number of linked pages with no intervention from the webmaster.

Dennis

JackJ
  • 2004/3/8 17:05

• JackJ

• Since: 2003/8/31

I have a wfsections for download at my site. I hacked this a bit using Catswolfs Spaw Module. I did this for a friend who wanted to create web pages for people, and also allow them to edit there own pages. Catswolf gave me some help in a post on bypassing the XOOPS linebreaks thing.

This one has Spaw wysiwyg at both the user end and the admin end. Users can edit and manage their own pages.

matangi
  • 2004/3/20 8:18

• matangi

• Just popping in

Quote:

JackJ wrote:
I have a wfsections for download at my site. I hacked this a bit using Catswolfs Spaw Module. I did this for a friend who wanted to create web pages for people, and also allow them to edit there own pages. Catswolf gave me some help in a post on bypassing the XOOPS linebreaks thing.

This one has Spaw wysiwyg at both the user end and the admin end. Users can edit and manage their own pages.

Do you have a sample or is it possible to download a sample, can`t find it on your site

Matangi

JackJ
  • 2004/3/20 13:01

• JackJ

• Since: 2003/8/31

It was there for 11 days after your initial post. Do you post and then come back 12 days later to see the results..lol

It is back on again I have been upgrading my site etc, not really a production site yet..

cpteos
  • 2004/5/8 12:03

• cpteos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

These Modules could feed this use after a fine-tuning also:
myxoopsforge
EnterpriseX
Found by "Search"

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits