ladysham
Help with modifying the PHPKAOX theme
  • 2003/11/11 23:30

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I'm in the processing of modify the above theme. I have most of it done, yet there are two things that I can't seem to find to modify them.

1. Where do I find the place to modify the background color under the logo? I'd like to put a .gif there so that the logo extends seamlessly.

2. If you look under the modules on the left hand side of the page, there is a light color (#efefef) that I can't seem to get rid of. Anyone have any ideas.

I have gone through the CSS files and the template.html files. I have no idea where to look now. BTW - I've heavily modify the NN CSS, getting ready to do the IE css.

Here's the link to my site. Registration is set up, but you can get the idea from the front page.

http://www.homeschoolyellowpages.com/index.php

Thanks!

Kelly Ling

DFBH13
Re: Help with modifying the PHPKAOX theme
  • 2003/11/11 23:59

• DFBH13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/26

Im Sure That would be in "style.css"

ladysham
  • 2003/11/12 0:14

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Nope - Can't find it there. I've gone through all of it with a fine tooth comb. I thought that maybe it might be a graphic, but it's not. Even had a friend look for it too - these old eyes aren't what they used to be. LOL

Kelly

sunsnapper

I think it might be the color set for td in general.

A workaround might be to edit the line with the table cell containing your logo.

<td width="285"> becomes <td class="header">

then in your style.css (and MAC and NN) toward the top of your CSS file where you define the style of td, create a new line under like this:
[size=x-small]td.header {width: 285px; text-align:left; background-image: url(logo.gif);}[/size]

I think that should work (didn't test it). Let us know how it goes.

(Also, I noticed your theme.html file has a lot of upper case tags. You may want to consider moving to xhtml transitional standards... or at least moving to lower-case tags to make your later migration easier.)

MadFish
  • 2003/11/12 1:31

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I think the background colour for that column is set in the theme.html file, not in the CSS, for some reason. If you change it there should be ok.

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/12 2:49

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

MadFish:

You're correct about this. This particular theme has a very lean style sheet, and has a lot of settings hardcoded in theme.html. In particular, the background color of the left and right columns is defined in lines 39 and 120.

The same is true about the table holding the logo and the banner. Has its bgcolor defined in the theme.html file, line 26.

To ease the maintenance work in this theme, it might be a good idea to follow sunsnapper's advice and give these TDs a specific name, as occurs in the default theme. This way, to change the appearance of the theme you'd edit the style file, not the HTML file.

Cheers.

ladysham
  • 2003/11/12 4:35

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

I actually tried all of these fixes and it still didn't work. I finally found the correct file to modify which was in the templates_c folder. I had to contact my host to change the persmissions for me, however, before I could modify it. So now take a look.

http://www.homeschoolyellowpages.com/index.php

Still have some quirks to work out, but I think it's coming along! Thanks for all the help!

Kelly Ling

sunsnapper

Just so you know, templates_c stores a cached version of pages. So, what was probably happening is you were making changes, but, XOOPS was delivering from the cache.

There is an option in System Admin | Preferences that lets you say "Yes" to immediately using the files from your theme directory. You can temporarily turn that on.. then set in back to "No" when you take the site live.

I hope that helps.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits