serial-weber
module Extgallery 1.0.8 Error in xoops 2.4.5

Hi,

I have an error on the index page of extgallery module. But it works very good when I directly access to a cathegory or another page in the module. I already delete cache compile files and update the module, but nothing changes. During the 3 first day after it installation, every thing works good. Here is the error displayed:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Smarty error: [in db:extgallery_index.html line 16]: syntax error: unclosed tag \{foreach} (opened line 10). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 317)
Backtrace:
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1093)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1815)
/class/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php (2256)
/class/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php (317)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1489)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1422)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1261)
/class/theme.php (429)
/footer.php (67)
/modules/extgallery/index.php (24)

My web site config is:
- Xoops 2.4.5
- Extgallery 1.0.8

Debug mode gives this:
Erreur(s)
Avertissement(s): Invalid argument supplied for foreach() dans le fichier /modules/xlanguage/include/functions.php - ligne 92
Message(s): Undefined variable: lang dans le fichier /modules/xlanguage/include/functions.php - ligne 106
Avertissement(s): Invalid argument supplied for foreach() dans le fichier /modules/xlanguage/include/functions.php - ligne 92
Message(s): Undefined variable: lang dans le fichier /modules/xlanguage/include/functions.php - ligne 106
Message(s): Undefined index: display dans le fichier /modules/xlanguage/include/functions.php - ligne 241
Message(s): Undefined index: languages dans le fichier /modules/xlanguage/include/functions.php - ligne 262
Avertissement(s): Invalid argument supplied for foreach() dans le fichier /modules/xlanguage/include/functions.php - ligne 262
Message(s): Use of undefined constant _MI_EXTGAL_B_SUB - assumed '_MI_EXTGAL_B_SUB' dans le fichier /modules/extgallery/xoops_version.php - ligne 481
Message(s): Use of undefined constant _MI_EXTGAL_B_SUB - assumed '_MI_EXTGAL_B_SUB' dans le fichier /modules/extgallery/xoops_version.php - ligne 481
Erreur(s): Smarty error: [in db:extgallery_index.html line 16]: syntax error: unclosed tag /{foreach} (opened line 10). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 317) dans le fichier /class/smarty/Smarty.class.php - ligne 1093.

So what is the problem? Must I reinstall the module to resolve the problem??

Thank you

zyspec
Re: module Extgallery 1.0.8 Error in xoops 2.4.5
  • 2010/8/8 12:56

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Sounds like this may be an issue in what the designer was expecting when using the foreachq smarty function.

You might try and change line 10 in ./extgallery/templates/extgallerty_index.html.

Change from:
<{foreachq item=child from=$cats}>

to:
<{foreach item=child from=$cats}>

The designer used the foreachq function to enhance performance. I'm not sure exactly what the exact issue is, since I don't have the module installed, but this may give you some insight into whether the data he's sending to the foreachq function is the source of the problem.

Don't forget to clear your template cache after making this change or you won't see the effect of the change.

ghia
  • 2010/8/8 23:03

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

His question on XOOPS France has been answered.
The problem is an accented character that breaks Smarty in some cases depending on the website's character set.
The solution is to remove the accented character or to convert the template to the right character set with Notepad++ and then update the module.

serial-weber

Hi,

Ghia, I asked this question here because I didn't have answer in Xoops France. Everything you told me to do has been already done but the problem was not resolved. Even zyspec solutions was also applied but the problem remains.
Here is the web site:http://rbiodja.org
And here is the installed module:http://rbiodja.org/modules/extgallery/

To resolve the problem, I uninstalled the Extgallery Module and I just reinstalled it without changing anything else. So I don't know if the problem will appear again. I just want to know what I have to do now in order to avoid that the problem occurs again.

Thanks

Peekay
  • 2010/8/9 10:05

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

It may be something else, but I recommend modifying ALL the comments in all the module templates first. I had a similar problem recently when updating a module containing comment written in French.

The 'Inforapid' software mentioned in this thread has a 'use subdirectories' option that will search and replace through the whole template folder.

-- Edit --

Sorry, just spotted Ghia recomended Notepad ++ will do the same.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Arowana
  • 2010/8/15 9:33

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

1.0.7 works just fine and I am going to stick with it.
Arowana

serial-weber

Thank you,

Please, can you also give me a link for a stable version of Web photo module?? The one I downloaded didn't work well.

Thanks

Tazman_al
  • 2010/8/16 11:18

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

I had a similar error message about the foreach tag.
When i check the templates some of the code was missing!!!

As I use custom templates I was able to add the missing code.
I then in general settings changed the 'check templates for modifications' to "YES" to recompile the templates and then everything worked fine!
I then changed the 'check templates for modifications' back to "NO".

Al

redheadedrod

Where did you find the missing code? Did you just simply pull it from 1.0.7?

Tazman_al
  • 2010/8/21 19:59

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

I had a working copy of the module on another site (previous version) and simply copied the template data over.

Al

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits