Balzac
Re: WF-Links or any Links Module??
  • 2010/2/13 10:41

• Balzac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

Quote:
It turned out that the failure of newly added links to appear is related to the time stamp put on the link. First, it will often be a minute or two later than your actual local time. Second, there is a potential problem between server time and local time. Anyway, if the time stamp is later than your local time, you won't see the link. It will appear once your time is later than the time stamp.

You can avoid this by choosing a time stamp in the submission form that is earlier than your local time when posting. Then the link will appear immediately.

A simple problem but it fooled me for a while.

This same 'problem' occurs also with the module news.

Other small bug within wflinks 1.07 and fix for it:

When notifications are enabled an error might occur.

Fix
Open the file include/notifications.php and replace this line:
Code:
$mydirname basenamedirname__FILE__ ) );

with this line:
Code:
$mydirname basenamedirname(  dirname__FILE__ ) ) );

barryc
  • 2010/2/13 17:21

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

There is still a problem in the showing of the country, that is, in the replacement of the smarty variable for the country. Instead of country, one sees Country: <{$wfllink.countryname}>. I am not very interested in showing the country, so I commented out the code for that.

I also had to change the background color of the blocks of text showing details of who submitted the link, in templates/wflinks_singlelink.hmtl. As published it is a light gray, which produces white text on light gray on my site. I changed it to transparent. In some future "blueification" of wflinks, which is the links module I prefer, it would be good to use css to control such attributes.

barryc

barryc
  • 2010/2/13 18:12

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

@Balzac,

the file include/notifications.php does not exist in my installation of wflinks 1.07. There is a a file include/notification.inc.php and the line you suggest changing is present in that file. Is that the file you are suggesting to change?

Overall I think wflinks is a very good module and is the one I prefer to use. I would suggest that it be considered for the "Blue Move" program to optimize it for the latest XOOPS version. Another issue that could be addressed, in addition to what I've already mentioned, is the editors. It seems that wflinks is not using the standard XOOPS editors at the moment.

barryc

Mazarin
  • 2010/2/13 20:55

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Yes, IMHO a very good module that deserves a blue move.

barryc
  • 2010/2/13 21:41

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

As does extcal, as we've been discussing in this thread.

peterr
  • 2010/3/13 11:45

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

WF-Links version 1.08 is available for download here

However, it doesn't contain the mod suggested by McDonald here , and it doesn't contain the wflinks plugins for other modules, and it doesn't contain the usual /uploads/images/ path and files that version 1.07 final contained.

Pete

Mazarin
  • 2010/3/13 20:52

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

WF-Links has plugins? I have completely missed that. Which modules?

Burning
  • 2010/3/14 0:34

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Plugins included thanks to McDonald (see /extra folder)
• rss
• sitemap
• waiting

Instructions
-> see wflinks/extra/readme.txt

> download link
(McDonald template correction added, it would be nice if someone could test this module with XOOPS 2.4.4 before to update repository )

sailjapan

Happy Linux's weblinks is great if you can get your head around the php based templating (why do devs do that? It makes for such difficult customization).

Burning
  • 2010/3/14 20:58

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi' Crip,

Ohwada templates are ""basics"" but in my opinion very well organized and commented.

1) Delete if they are not necessary (I mean if you do not clone Weblinks) all templates wich are numbered. For example : weblinks0_index.html

2) The technique of overloaded templates do not work for templates placed in subfolders (for example : templates/parts/weblinks_category_navi.html)

I agree with you about the complexity of weblinks templates. However, this complexity comes more from the variety (hopefully you do not need to use them all) than their organization.

Finally, the organization is relatively simple and works by inculde : all templates placed in the subfolder /parts are common to templates placed in /templates folder. For example, a modification made in weblinks_category_navi.html is reflected simultaneously on several key templates.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits