barryc
Clickable calendar icon not appearing in extcal
  • 2010/2/12 1:06

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Hi all,

I'm having a problem that I can't figure out. I recently installed a new copy of XOOPS 2.4.4 for use for a second web site. In it I installed extcal. When I click on Submit Event in the module, the clickable calendar icon that should appear next to the date text box is not present. I uninstalled extcal, downloaded a fresh copy from zoullou's site, then reinstalled it. Same result. If I try to enter dates manually I consistently get an error message "Wrong Date format", no matter what format I use.

I have a larger site on the same server that also has extcal on it and the clickable calendars do appear there. I have had problems, however, with date formats. The default dates appear in the format yyyy/m/dd. However, if you manually enter a date in that format, it is rejected with the Wrong Date Format message. If you use the clickable icon to pop up the calendar, then choose the date, it is entered in the yyyy-mm-dd format. I believe this problem was introduced with XOOPS 2.4.2 and I asked a question about it once before but received no answer. In older versions of XOOPS I did not see this incorrect date format problem.

I can give someone access to the sites in question, if necessary. You can see the problem on my new site at www.aka.org/nwk/. Click on Submit Event to see the extcal submission page.

xoops 2.4.4, php5, mysql5.

barryc

ghia
Re: Clickable calendar icon not appearing in extcal
  • 2010/2/12 7:13

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Did you see this?

Anonymous
  • 2010/2/12 7:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

I can confirm that I'm having the same problem as everyone else, i.e. submitting events from the front-end of the website.

I get the "Wrong date format" message too. Worked previously (IIRC) on XOOPS 2.3.x but not now on XOOPS 2.4.3

No problem editing previously submitted events.

The work-around is to add new events from the admin panel. Okay for me as I'm the only one with permission to submit events on my site but could be a problem for others.

I'm going to have a look at this over the weekend and see if I can find a solution. Might need help though

Anonymous
  • 2010/2/12 8:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

PS: Has anyone from the XOOPS France community heard from zoullou lately?

Seems to be very quiet on his website

ghia
  • 2010/2/12 8:19

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Zoullou is missing there too!

barryc
  • 2010/2/12 18:22

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

@ghia

I had seen that thread. There the problem was somewhat different. In my case the calendar icon was simply not appearing.

I have been trying to troubleshoot this and found the problem. It seems the name of the images folder must have been corrupted (in /class/calendar/images/) even though it appeared to be correct. For example, viewing the source showed that the path to the file was being generated correctly. If I typed the path to the calendar.png image file directly into my browser the file would not come up. Instead, the url simply appears in the browser window. I had confirmed that the image file itself was OK. I temporarily copied it to the folder above images (i.e. calendar) then accessed it directly with the browser and it showed. Because of these findings, I copied the image folder from my downloaded copy of XOOPS 2.4.4 to the server. Lo, I could now access the image file and it appears on my extcal submit event form.

The problem with an error message (incorrect date format) when dates are manually entered persists. If I use the clickable calendar icon to drop down the calendar, then choose a date, it is entered in the format yyyy-mm-dd. Doing it that way, the event will entered. In the Post Event form the default date is entered in the format yyyy/m/d. If I manually overwrite that date, entering it is the yyyy-mm-dd format, I still get the wrong date format error. I don't understand that at all.

@JAVesey, if you (or anyone else) can manage to find the cause of this problem I think you'll be a hero because extcal is otherwise the best calendar module. As a temporary measure I'm going to insert a note into the define in /extcal/language/en/main.php to the effect that users should enter the date via the calendar drop down.

barryc

Mazarin
  • 2010/2/13 20:54

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

I just realized I have all these problems on one of my 2.4.3 sites too. In addition, all events I add from the admin site get today's date, no matter what date I put in.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that some kind, programming genius of a soul adopts this module (now that Zoullou has disappeared), fixes the bugs and develops it further, because it is a very good module.

barryc
  • 2010/2/13 21:38

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

These problems with the date field started after I upgraded from 2.2.x to 2.4.x. I suspect they have something to do with the "refactoring" that was said to be done in 2.4. XOOPS 2.4 has introduced some kind of incompatibility in reading extcal's date fields that was not previously present, because the module itself has not changed.

barryc

Mazarin
  • 2010/2/13 21:51

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Yes, this one deserves a blue move as well.

Mazarin
  • 2010/2/14 16:26

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Could the date format language files in class\calendar\JSCal2\language\ have somehting to do with this?

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits