Lacrim

Just popping in
Posted on: 2006/2/3 13:55
Lacrim
Lacrim (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2006/1/25

direct friend can not adds user

i have install direct friend under XOOPS 2.2.4 but the modul can adds user ! can somebody help me pleas !?

if i will add a user come only the massage : PROBLEM

PHP DEBUG :

Warning [PHP]: main(class/xoopsuser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/directfriends/header.php line 3
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'class/xoopsuser.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in file modules/directfriends/header.php line 3

Herko

XOOPS is my life!
Posted on: 2006/2/3 14:59
Herko
Herko (Show more)
XOOPS is my life!
Since: 2002/2/4 1

Re: direct friend can not adds user

That's because that module isn't built for XOOPS 2.2.4, and tries to access the XOOPS user tables directly. You'll have to move to 2.0.13.2 for that.

Sorry

Herko

Lacrim

Just popping in
Posted on: 2006/2/3 16:41
Lacrim
Lacrim (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2006/1/25

exist any modul for XOOPS 2.2.4 who can i add friends ?

robbhammack

Just popping in
Posted on: 2006/6/3 21:10
robbhammack
robbhammack (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2006/6/3 2

I've hacked the directfriends module to work under 2.2.3
I'm still working on it, but the add / delete / list /priate message all works. The status for online / offline still needs to be done, however.
If your interested, I'll send you the hack so you can try it out. Email me at robbhammack@gmail.com

I'm not sure of the propriety of hacking someone else's module, but when I have it fairly solid I'll see about releasing it to the general community. I'm not planning to support it or do enhancements, because I'll also be involved in a much more full featured "social networking" module, overseeing some work by an offshore team.
Our planned module will implement the FOAFnet standard, allowing people to easily import / export friend lists between different systems, allow different security levels for friends, and a lot more ;o)
The company I'm doing some work for needed something very basic _quickly_ so I decided to fix Directfriends rather than starting from scratch for the short-term goal of having something available by June 15th, 2006
I've discussed it with the business people, and we will be licensing it under a open-source license and releasing it to the public at some point.

--Robb

Swain

Not too shy to talk
Posted on: 2006/8/2 1:08
Swain
Swain (Show more)
Not too shy to talk
Since: 2006/6/27

I have already emailed Robb for the fixed version, and I look forward for the more extensive friends list module. This is something I think is badly needed. Anyone else at work on modules llike this???

birdseed

Just popping in
Posted on: 2006/8/2 9:49
birdseed
birdseed (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2005/2/26

Hi Rob,

I also appreciate your Idea to reimplement DirectFriends. DirectFriends is total crap in terms of the underlying source code. I always wonder why people implement things without *ANY* basic understanding of how a module should be constructed in xoops.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final social networking module released soon.

greetings
birdseedmusic

Swain

Not too shy to talk
Posted on: 2006/8/2 16:26
Swain
Swain (Show more)
Not too shy to talk

birdseed, I agree. I got the fixed file from Rob and installed it, but everyone needs something so much easier. I cannot wait for Rob's module to be done.

Swain

Not too shy to talk
Posted on: 2006/9/11 1:50
Swain
Swain (Show more)
Not too shy to talk

Robb,

Any updates on the upcoming "social networking" module?

user2222

Just popping in
Posted on: 2009/9/2 16:50
user2222
user2222 (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2007/1/22

Hello Everyone,

Nice to see that you had this problem and solved it partially.
I have moved to XOOPS 2.3.3 recently and my module does not work. Moreover I have built another module on top of friendfinder module.

I would like to know was the hack it or what I have to change in my PHP classes and files.
What do you mean by accesing the XOOPS users class directly ?

Thank you very much.
User2222