Lacrim
direct friend can not adds user
  • 2006/2/3 13:55

• Lacrim

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/25

i have install direct friend under XOOPS 2.2.4 but the modul can adds user ! can somebody help me pleas !?

if i will add a user come only the massage : PROBLEM

PHP DEBUG :

Warning [PHP]: main(class/xoopsuser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/directfriends/header.php line 3
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'class/xoopsuser.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in file modules/directfriends/header.php line 3

Herko
Re: direct friend can not adds user
  • 2006/2/3 14:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

That's because that module isn't built for XOOPS 2.2.4, and tries to access the XOOPS user tables directly. You'll have to move to 2.0.13.2 for that.

Sorry

Herko

Lacrim
  • 2006/2/3 16:41

• Lacrim

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/25

exist any modul for XOOPS 2.2.4 who can i add friends ?

robbhammack
  • 2006/6/3 21:10

• robbhammack

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/3 2

I've hacked the directfriends module to work under 2.2.3
I'm still working on it, but the add / delete / list /priate message all works. The status for online / offline still needs to be done, however.
If your interested, I'll send you the hack so you can try it out. Email me at robbhammack@gmail.com

I'm not sure of the propriety of hacking someone else's module, but when I have it fairly solid I'll see about releasing it to the general community. I'm not planning to support it or do enhancements, because I'll also be involved in a much more full featured "social networking" module, overseeing some work by an offshore team.
Our planned module will implement the FOAFnet standard, allowing people to easily import / export friend lists between different systems, allow different security levels for friends, and a lot more ;o)
The company I'm doing some work for needed something very basic _quickly_ so I decided to fix Directfriends rather than starting from scratch for the short-term goal of having something available by June 15th, 2006
I've discussed it with the business people, and we will be licensing it under a open-source license and releasing it to the public at some point.

--Robb

Swain
  • 2006/8/2 1:08

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I have already emailed Robb for the fixed version, and I look forward for the more extensive friends list module. This is something I think is badly needed. Anyone else at work on modules llike this???

birdseed
  • 2006/8/2 9:49

• birdseed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

Hi Rob,

I also appreciate your Idea to reimplement DirectFriends. DirectFriends is total crap in terms of the underlying source code. I always wonder why people implement things without *ANY* basic understanding of how a module should be constructed in xoops.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final social networking module released soon.

greetings
birdseedmusic

Swain
  • 2006/8/2 16:26

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

birdseed, I agree. I got the fixed file from Rob and installed it, but everyone needs something so much easier. I cannot wait for Rob's module to be done.

Swain
  • 2006/9/11 1:50

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

Robb,

Any updates on the upcoming "social networking" module?

user2222
  • 2009/9/2 16:50

• user2222

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

Hello Everyone,

Nice to see that you had this problem and solved it partially.
I have moved to XOOPS 2.3.3 recently and my module does not work. Moreover I have built another module on top of friendfinder module.

I would like to know was the hack it or what I have to change in my PHP classes and files.
What do you mean by accesing the XOOPS users class directly ?

Thank you very much.
User2222

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits