ghia
Re: Where is the Project Management Quality
  • 2009/7/31 14:48

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Core Team
Basically only Trabis and Wishcraft. DJ is absent due to his workload on the new job, and is very hard to reach. If he doesn't return soon, the Core team will have to decide who will take his role to lead further development of XOOPS.
What happened with Simple XOOPS and EXM?

trabis
  • 2009/7/31 18:37

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

10 days have pasted and, luckily, Mamba managed to get a talk with DJ yesterday.

DJ said that if me, simon or any other developer(s) could work on 2.* series, we should go ahead. DJ's plan is to re-design XOOPS architecture, no matter who will be leading 2.* series.

My thoughts about this is that DJ will provide legacy system for 2.x in a way that it does not matters how we are going to implement new features.

This is good news for me and I hope it is good news for you to. This means that we do not have to look for "forward compatibilities" and that we are finally loose from existing (but deprecated) roadmaps.

It is now time to get ourselves together and push XOOPS forward!

blindman
  • 2009/8/2 1:24

• blindman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/26

Yes, core development can go on now, this is great news.
Though, IMHO right now would be great if xoops.org get the new theme, and if the module developers would contribute to an updated download section. This is a step forward too.
Don't follow me. I'm lost too.

dbman
  • 2009/8/2 3:04

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

Check out the module listing here:
http://www.babylonbyxoops.net/modules/pico/index.php?content_id=4

or for a categorized listing:
http://www.babylonbyxoops.net/modules/mydownloads/index.php

The folks at babylonbyxoops did a great job cataloging and updating module listings.

Mamba
  • 2009/8/2 7:58

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The Design team started to work on the new theme, so I hope we'll have soon something new and exciting.

Burning did an awesome job with the modules compatibility, and he'll be working on transferring it to XOOPS site and updating our main module repository.

The main thing for us will be to get a new Repository Module with multi-categories. We've got an offer from XOOPS France to develop a new one, so we'll be looking closely into it, or we'll ask developers to add some new features to one of the existing download modules.

The main focus for the next few weeks will be:

1) Get 2.4 Beta out for testing
2) Get the new theme for XOOPS
3) Update the Module repository
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2009/8/2 8:02

• Mamba

Quote:
What happened with Simple XOOPS and EXM?

We'll work with Eduardo from EXM on bringing EXM features into XOOPS in future versions. The requirement is that XOOPS is PHP5 only compatible, which is planned for XOOPS 2.5 version. Right now Eduardo is busy with the new theme for XOOPS.

Alfred from "Simple-XOOPS" is currently too busy with work, but we hope that we'll be able to incorporate his innovations in future versions of XOOPS.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mage
  • 2009/8/2 21:01

• Mage

• Core Developer

• Since: 2009/8/2 1

Quote:

The main thing for us will be to get a new Repository Module with multi-categories. We've got an offer from XOOPS France to develop a new one, so we'll be looking closely into it, or we'll ask developers to add some new features to one of the existing download modules.

Hello,

I changed Mydownloads for Burning (http://www.babylonbyxoops.net/modules/mydownloads/) and I currently work on the repository module XOOPS France. I write a new module that manages the multi-categories for the repository module XOOPS France (TDMDownloads).
If you are interested, I am available to talk.

I am sorry for my English but I speak only french.

Mamba
  • 2009/8/3 6:33

• Mamba

Yes, I'm sure we would be interested in this.

ForMusS was the other person from XOOPS France who offered a new download module. Maybe you can talk to each other.

Let's make it happen!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mage
  • 2009/8/3 10:42

• Mage

• Core Developer

• Since: 2009/8/2 1

ForMusS speaks of the same module. I was initially proposed as Mydownloads on the site of Burning but I preferred to write another module for the repository of XOOPS france. As soon as I finished the module and I have a site to show you, I warn you.

Mamba
  • 2009/8/3 20:57

• Mamba

Fantastic! Please keep us posted on the progress...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits