maru1
ArMS 4.0 problem with moderators
  • 2009/7/5 20:00

• maru1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/28

Hi all,
I use XOOPS 2.0.13.2 and ArMS 4.0 module, in which I've just encountered a problem.
Till now I was the only person managing the content of articles, but now I added moderators.

I thought that a moderator would have permissions to activate articles (i.e. to make them visible for all). And indeed, for a mod user the icon of activation becomes clickable and it sends to the confirmation page.
But then, when moderators try to confirm, they get the info: you don't have permissions to do it. (I've translated all lang files long ago and I don't remember now the exact English version of the text, it could be slightly different) Anyway, it seems that moderators can't do what they should be able to do. Still I have to log in as an admin and activate their articles by myself.

Should I do something more than adding moderators at the ArMS adm. page? Should the persons be in the general XOOPS Moderators group?

Help, please, anyone!
I'd like to develop my site and I don't want to lose the people who wish to contribute...

ghia
Re: ArMS 4.0 problem with moderators
  • 2009/7/6 8:00

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I'm not sure this applies fully to AMS, which is a News clone, but in News you have in the permissions inside News the possibility to grant approval permission per topic and per user group.

maru1
  • 2009/7/6 8:32

• maru1

• Just popping in

Thank you for answering, ghia.
But no, there is no such a nice permissions form in the ArMS module as there is in the News. Alas.
There are two things to do, as far as I know:
- in general ArMS preferences page there is an option to allow moderators to activate articles (which I have checked "yes", of course, and I re-checked it a couple of times)
- in ArMS moderators page there is a form for adding a person to moderate a specific section.

The second thing is partially working, i.e. a moderator can see the activate buttons in the section he/ she moderates.

Other moderating activities function properly - moderators can successfully edit the articles in their section. Just the activation fails.
I have no idea what to do about it...

culex
  • 2009/7/6 9:13

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Why not make this person(s) part of moderators in system/groups.

As I understand you have marked the persons in the modules as moderators, but the module probably is checking if this person is member of group/moderator
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

maru1
  • 2009/7/6 9:55

• maru1

• Just popping in

Hallo culex,
the idea to do something with general groups I had in mind, too. But nothing good came out of it.
I don't know if I should create a new group of users called moderators? Would that change anything?
For now I have only two default groups: webmasters and registered users. Giving my (wanna-be-)ArMS-moderators webmastering permissions is not an option, I just want them to operate in a part of one module, not in the entire site.
There are also ranges, and there is a moderator range, but giving it to my ArMS moderators doesn't seem to change anything.

The only other thing I can think of is to give permissions to administrate the module to a whole group of users (via the system/ groups menu). That could be moderators group. But this means that the member of the group can administrate thru the whole ArMS module, in all sections and categories - no matter if he has moderating privileges or not. That makes the moderator function useless, and is not a solution I wanted. Though the closest to it...

Is there anyone using ArMS and having moderators feature working fine? If so, how did you make it??

maru1
  • 2009/7/9 8:37

• maru1

• Just popping in

Anyone? Please?

I still can't make this feature work...

culex
  • 2009/7/9 18:25

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Hey Maru1,

Sorry about the delay. I had finally to install the module and after a longer edit of the MySQL file I eventually did.

I created a user (myself2) and as a webmaster i added category, level, etc etc and event made a test article.

This article I added permission to username:myslf2 to edit, add, delete.

And then it worked fine. Logged in as myslf2 I had access to the article.

There is no usermenu item for this, only the main menu sub-items.

Just choose articles and if the original writer has granted access to your username then you can see, edit delete etc

but seem to work fine :)
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits