cadelite
Alternative to "SmartSection"
  • 2008/12/17 14:01

• cadelite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/15

I would to like choose a module other than SmartSection to show my static pages. The one should be compatible with XOOPS 2.3.x and have tag function (if not, maybe fully compatible with using XOOPS Tag). I have heard that SmartSection is only compatible with XOOPS 2.0.x, not XOOPS 2.3.x, although I only found the problem with XOOPS Tag in SmartSection.

In view of the coming XOOPS 3.0, please give me some advice on any alternative to SmartSection.

Thank you very much for your help!!

webmystar
Re: Alternative to "SmartSection"
  • 2008/12/17 15:51

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

you can use the news modul.

Anonymous
  • 2008/12/17 17:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

There are more nice modules for static content, all with different features so you have to know what you want from such a module.

I am currently testing mastop publish for a new project. It has some good features including working with Iframes. Is worth a try I think!

sailjapan

my favourite is 'Content' module.
It's recently been revamped and released as 'xcenter' but I haven't tried that version yet.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Anonymous
  • 2008/12/17 23:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

I though "Content" was recently released as "Content"?

Take a look at AMS 2.51 Final....... based on News 1.2 (IIRC) but much modified and updated specifically for XOOPS 2.3.x

Incidentally, I have no problem with SmartSection 2.13 on 2.3.2b. At least, none that I've noticed

sailjapan

Quote:
I though "Content" was recently released as "Content"?

Oh... maybe I'm getting confused (wouldn't be the first time...)
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

cadelite
  • 2008/12/18 11:50

• cadelite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/15

Dear all,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions.

I will try to use News and see if any incompatibility. Is there a module called "Pages" or "Page" that handles static page?

I once used UserPage but there were some conflicts with "Simplified URL" hack. Blank pages always happened. Since I did need URL Rewrite for SEO purpose for my client, I uninstalled it and found "SmartSection". It is a wonderful module but needs an update to make it more compatible with XOOPS 2.3.x.

Thank you very much for all your help!

pacho
  • 2008/12/24 14:59

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

About News modules as an alternative, can I transfer all my articles from smartsection to News? Is this possible?
I can use AMS also if this module can import from ssection.

Thanks a lot and merry xmas for all!

ghia
  • 2008/12/24 17:25

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If there is a RSS feed on SS then you can import it with some modules (unfortunatly News not yet).
Otherwise if you copy your site to your home PC with a XAMPP server, then you could experiment with copying the databasetables as eg done in this French example for two fora (from NewBB/CBB to NewBBex).

nmshah
  • 2008/12/28 17:54

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

if i am not wrong the article module version 1 by phppp had an import script as well as export script inbuilt. You will have to check it and if i am correct then install article 1 import from smartsection into article 1 using the import fuction and export from article 1 to news using the export function

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits