robertelo
FRAMEWORKS
  • 2008/11/29 5:04

• robertelo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/28

Hi Everyone,
I downloaded Frameworks, i read the readme but I didn't understand those instructions ; anyone please make them more clear? Especially this repeated sentence

Quote:

4 configure preferences where applicable
4.1 ./fpdf/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php, you could check schinese.php as example, or inline comments in english.php
4.2 ./textsanitizer/config.php: check inline comments
4.3 ./transfer/:
4.3.1 ./transfer/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php
4.3.2 ./transfer/modules/: for developers only, add transfer handler for your module, or store the file as: XOOPS/modules/mymodule/include/plugin.transfer.php
4.3.3 ./transfer/plugin/: add items available for the transfer
4.3.4 ./transfer/plugin/myplugin/config: configurations for a plugin
4.3.5 ./transfer/plugin/myplugin/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php
4.3.6 ./transfer/bar.transfer.php: set "$limit" for number of plugins that will be displayed on a front page;
4.4 ./compat/language/: make your local langauge files based on /english/
4.5 ./captcha/:
4.5.1 ./captcha/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php
4.5.2 ./captcha/config.php: set configs

Thanks everyone

Mamba
Re: FRAMEWORKS
  • 2008/11/29 5:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Where did you download the Frameworks from (what version), and what do you need it for?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

robertelo
  • 2008/11/29 6:12

• robertelo

• Just popping in

I downloaded Community Pack, i found it inside it. It is said that i will need Frameworks to let some modules work.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xoops/CommunityPack_2.0.zip?modtime=1211361088&big_mirror=0

Mamba
  • 2008/11/29 7:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Download the latest Framework from here.Then copy to a subdirectory /Frameworks
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

robertelo
  • 2008/11/29 7:53

• robertelo

• Just popping in

Thank you. But it has the same instructions.

I use XOOPS English Version, but I am going to add French language as default.

The instructions talk about language.

Quote:
2 configure preferences where applicable
2.1 ./fpdf/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php, you could check schinese.php as example, or inline comments in english.php
2.2 ./transfer/:
2.2.1 ./transfer/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php
2.2.2 ./transfer/modules/: for developers only, add transfer handler for your module, or store the file as: XOOPS/modules/mymodule/include/plugin.transfer.php
2.2.3 ./transfer/plugin/: add items available for the transfer
2.2.4 ./transfer/plugin/myplugin/config: configurations for a plugin
2.2.5 ./transfer/plugin/myplugin/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php
2.2.6 ./transfer/bar.transfer.php: set "$limit" for number of plugins that will be displayed on a front page;

Could you please explain this?

Best regards,

ghia
  • 2008/11/29 10:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If you use XOOPS 2.3.x (do also the security update to the 2.3.2a), you may only copy the subdirectories that do not already exist, otherwise you will overwrite code of 2.3.x, such as art and textsanitiser.

The instructions are for adding more languages to some of the parts in Frameworks. Mosttimes these are not highly visible and you can let it work in English only. As explained you have to copy english.php etc to eg french.php etc and then translate all the text definitions that are inside.
You have to look also once on XOOPSfr.org, which has many translations. Even if there isn't the latest version, it may give you an headstart.
For all the plugins of transfer (subdirectories of /Frameworks/transfer/plugin) there is also a language file to copy (and to translate) and a config file where you can disable the plugin or define the display order.

Most things run from their default settings. It is enough to copy the language files to your language. If you don't bother about some english here and there, a renamed copy is enough and prevent problems with some items.

DarinAllan

This Frameworks folder is a bloody mess on my sites, bits have been added bits are no longer needed, all I would like to know is if I completely deleted the Frameworks folder where can I get a fully functional Frameworks folder to replace it, I don't want to add new folders I just want the complete folder that I can upload to the root of my site. I used to be able to just download it from xoopsforge now we seem to have bits of it all over the place.

Does anyone have the definitive Frameworks folder for 2.3 versions of Xoops?

;o)

sailjapan

Quote:
This Frameworks folder is a bloody mess on my sites

Ditto.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits