seolio
Re: My website has been hacked and I believe a mod from here did it
  • 2008/6/9 20:52

• seolio

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/2

Quote:
Also other options are open to make it possible to hack your site.
Their's a group of turkish hackers who might have done this by the way. They are pretty active with hacking attempts.

I totally agree, I have had a few sites hacked, funnily enough one of them was tracked back to Turkey by my hosting provider, but that is as much as I found out.

P.S. Please don't think I am snapping at you, I am just saying I have had past experiences of XOOPS website hacks, and you don't need to give anyone your mainfile.php to have it happen :)

DarinAllan

Yeah pretty nasty to make accusations like this on a public forum, I doubt anybody else will be helping you from now on, for fear of being accused of something that is most likely your fault. I myself have full confidence in JAVesey.

Let us see the access logs, prove it, or apologise unreservedly!

Runeher
  • 2008/6/10 0:11

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Serap... what's wrong with you? Before making this really stupid thread, did you even ask JAVesey if he did anything?

If JAVesey was a hacker... (double lol ) what's the sport (yes, it's for sport for the script kiddies) in hacking your site if he already had the info... But since you don't know very much about hacking i can understand why you blame him, but really, it's shameful to accuse someone in public before even asking them.

Please make a public apology to JAVesey asap!

We need him here!

Mamba
  • 2008/6/10 0:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I have strong guess abt the person who did it and I believe he's a moderator here

This is the most un-professional accusation I've seen in a long time. As so many people expressed earlier: check your facts before you come and accuse somebody like JAVesey for hacking.

Do you have any proof? If not, please apologize immediately, and then work on the logs to find out who did it.

I'm sorry to hear that you site has been hacked. But you need to get your facts right, before you come here and accuse somebody who is spending countless hours of his own time on helping XOOPS users.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2008/6/10 0:42

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

JAVesey:
Quote:
I've offered my resignation as a Moderator here on x.o as a result of your accusation. I can't keep my position here if there are doubts as to my integrity.

Nobody will accept your resignation. You're doing an awesome job as a Moderator and member of XOOPS Community, and "you're innocent till proven guilty"!!!! So far, we didn't see any proof, so why would you even consider resignation?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Ft24v2
  • 2008/6/10 1:39

• Ft24v2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/30

When it comes to PHP, im a code monkey, when it comes to knowing someone who is truly great, im a freaking Genius. As we all probably know here, there is now way JAVesey or any staff of this board could have done such a thing. Everyone on this board just about has helped me with some sort of XOOPS related issue, and ive pretty much given all site info to them. The cause of the hack has to ve some sort of security issue in one of youre modules, and as JAVesey said, knowing your mainfile info isnt enough info, you need to be able to write or rewrite files on the server through FTP or SSH, or something.

So just give up this case ( If u havent already ).
Next time i suggest you make regular site backups, and have a second dummy admin account on your site that no one knows of.

And you gotta stay JAVesey, this type of stuff is all apart of the job, if you dock out now, what will that say.

If this post was of no help just delete it, ive ,made ,y point.

Serap
  • 2008/6/10 2:04

• Serap

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/4 2

I received below e-mail. I was thinking someone from XOOPS group hacked my website and sent all those spam e-mails not necessarily JAVesey and I also said this to him in my pm. What would you all have thought after this message? Also JAVesey and many others answered my many questions here, I did not accuse of anybody of anything. Please see below msg and after write your comments of what I posted here. You're just blaming me for my post without knowing anything about me... I run a cancer support website not because I get something (like money or somethingelse) out of it, it's because I'm a cancer patient myself for more than 3 years. This is my way of helping other patients like me and support them. You don't have to help me, ok. I don't know much about these things, that's ok too. I accused somebody, yes but I did not give names. I simply thought you should all know. JAVesey himself said "I think you're pointing me". I still do not say that he did it, I also suspect Turks too like some of you said. But that hacker is definitely from XOOPS. Right now I think admins of xoops.org should think abt this, maybe not help me but help others...

here is the e-mail:

E-mail: no_one@hotmail.com
you will never prove it was anyone from xoops. and you will never prove it was me. XOOPS is your friend ha ha

MadFish
  • 2008/6/10 5:59

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I don't think anyone that has been involved with XOOPS for long would question JAVsey's integrity. He has been a great help to many people over a long period of time. Have a look at some of his posting history.

You need to look elsewhere for your hacker.

Ft24v2
  • 2008/6/10 6:10

• Ft24v2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/30

You know, this person who has sent you that pm, sounds exactly like one of the ppl that a while ago hacked my site. he went by the username of Master and sometimes Zeldapro. And that person never had any of my mainfile information. Along with my site he took down other sites that were not XOOPS powered, although he said he was going to take over Super_Daves site, but never got it. Anyway, the person who may of done wasnt DEFIANTLY from XOOPS is some jack can take over mine without mainfile info, which alone cant take over a site ( I Think ).Also consider the World Wide Web is full of losers who will hack random sites for fun.

So dont say the person is from XOOPS for sure. With all the work and time the staff has put into this community, they wouldnt dare do such a thing.

hervet
  • 2008/6/10 6:22

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Serap,

You should give public excuses to Javesey.
He is a trusty person and it's strange to accuse someone who helped you !

John, please stay.

Login

Who's Online

91 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 91

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits