johnboy68
Problem with "Who's Online"
  • 2006/5/3 9:57

• johnboy68

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/15

I have my site to show "Who's Online" on the main page and it always shows more guests than are really online.

Sometime it will show up to 5 or 6 guests online but I know that is false because when I click on more... next to the actual user(s) names that are online it will show guests with the same IP addresses as my account or other logged in accounts.

Anyone have an idea why? How to fix it?

Thanks!

MadFish
Re: Problem with "Who's Online"
  • 2006/5/3 12:38

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

This is the normal - the block isn't updated everytime someone leaves the site. There is like a garbage collection routine that updates the block (something like) every 7th time someone arrives (I don't know why, maybe to reduce load on database server).

So the block is only accurate within (something like) +/- 7 users. I forget the exact number, but it is less than 10.

Quest
  • 2006/5/3 13:25

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Odd indeed. I was just coming here for support of the same issue. I have a couple of XOOPS sites and it is only occuring with one. The one I recently created about 2.5 weeks ago. I got the full 2.0.13.2 download by going here:
https://xoops.org/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=18
and initiating the download. Not sure if I got it of dev or a mirror. hmmm

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

MadFish
  • 2006/5/3 15:55

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

It isn't actually a bug, it was made that way :)

I don't know of any hacks to change it.

Quest
  • 2006/5/3 20:14

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

If it was made that way then it would do it on my other sites as well and it does not. I have turned PHP, Smarty, and MYSQL/Blocks Debug on and they give me no clue as to what could be the problem.
Isn't there anyway to fix this problem?

claydoh
  • 2006/5/3 21:39

• claydoh

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/6 0

searching xoops.com quickly brought me here, which gave me a link
here

Quest
  • 2006/5/3 21:59

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

I didn't know of the one site you linked and I appreciate it very much. I will try to set it the way it is suggested.

Thanks again Claydoh!

technigrafa

I am having a similar problem, but Guests are not showing up in the "Who's Online" block at all, only registered users.

This site doesn't have a ton of users(probably just 1-5 at a time), so I tried the:

if (mt_rand(1100) < 11) {

$online_handler->gc(300);
    }

hack, but that didn't seem to do anything for me. Anyone know what may be going on? I am using XOOPS 2.0.13.2

Thanks!

blondie10101

Quote:

technigrafa wrote:
I am having a similar problem, but Guests are not showing up in the "Who's Online" block at all, only registered users.

hack, but that didn't seem to do anything for me. Anyone know what may be going on? I am using XOOPS 2.0.13.2

Thanks!

I have the same problem.

After a lot of wasted time, I figured out that the only way to see guests is to allow them to view who's online. Since there is no option to make the block visible depending on the group.

If you turn uncheck the block in the group permissions, guests show 0.

Does anyone have a solution as I'm looking for a way to keep the information for registered members?

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits