MadFish
Madfish - Documentation and Promotion - member
  • 2007/6/8 6:36

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Experience

* I have written documentation for several XOOPS modules, most recently for Protector V3, and contributed to preparation of the XOOPS operations guide.

* Edit and produce a number of print and electronic publications, in addition to one medium sized XOOPS website.

Proposal

* A simple email newsletter should be developed and dispatched to community members at regular intervals, summarising the latest news, modules, themes etc with direct links to download new resources.

* I offer to put *new* XOOPS documentation written by the community into professional page layout for distribution of print-quality PDF files (subject to reasonable limits). Of course, distribution in other formats will be still be necessary.

* I recommend that the development of documentation be undertaken as an open process, that encourages occasional contributions from members of the wider community, rather than depending on a small group of people. I suggest the team should prepare a 'priority list' of documents that need to be written (based on community input) and then try to organise an open community effort in writing them!

* I would like to be upfront with everyone that my own contributions are occasional and not continuous.

jensclas
Re: Madfish - Documentation and Promotion - member

Hi

I have been helping and assisting XOOPS with documentation, FAQ;s and moderation and am happy to contribute in the future. As many will know I have been pasionate about good documentation and at times have managed to bring some things up to date.

I am still very much a learner on the technical side of things so I rely on others to help with getting the information correct, but my experience as a teacher and educator gives me skills in editing and updating documentation. I am also able to assist those who struggle with English as a second language to produce documentation etc. I have prepared a number of FAQ's in the past as well as beginners guides and look forward to contributing further in this area now I see a new sense of hope and direction.

As a single mum and full time worker like madfish, my output on documentation will be limited to spare time, but my focus will be very much on the new XOOPS user and ensuring they have the information they need.

Quote:
* I offer to put *new* XOOPS documentation written by the community into professional page layout for distribution of print-quality PDF files (subject to reasonable limits). Of course, distribution in other formats will be still be necessary.

I'm happy to assist here.

Quote:
* I recommend that the development of documentation be undertaken as an open process, that encourages occasional contributions from members of the wider community, rather than depending on a small group of people. I suggest the team should prepare a 'priority list' of documents that need to be written (based on community input) and then try to organise an open community effort in writing them!

I agree. I'd like to see our potential to use wiki developed further to enable a collaborative approach to dosumentation. I am happy to assist with the management of such a process for document development.

I am feeling enthusiastic again

marcan
  • 2007/6/8 15:19

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

madfish, jensclass, you both have my strongest support
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

JMorris
  • 2007/6/8 15:37

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Agreed! Excellent team foundation.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

jeffgr
  • 2007/7/1 3:15

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hi everyone,

(I'm just jumping into this thread, so please excuse me if I have missed earlier postings / information.)

Phppp has asked me if I would like to be a part of the Documentation team.. and I am indeed interested. I am unclear of where things are however, and so I am posting here in the hopes that someone can straighten me out as to what is going on.

I would like to contribute to the creation and organisation of the official XOOPS documention. I understand that this documentation is to end up on the final XOOPS documentation site/subdomain, which is docs.xoops.org.

I would like to know who is currently on the XOOPS documentation team, and who the team leader is.

If you have not previously expressed an interest in contributing to XOOPS documentation, please respond to this thread, to let us know that you are available. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

jeffgr

MadFish
  • 2007/7/1 3:37

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

There was a proposal to merge the documentation team with a few other things like news to make a combined 'communication team'. I am not clear if this proposal has been formally accepted or not.

However, in practical terms there is a team and it is actively developing documentation. You are most welcome to start contributing to the joint effort until such time as the formalities are sorted out.

We have a work forum on www.xoopsinfo.com. Please register as a member there and then contact tom. I will also let him know you are intersted.

alitan
  • 2007/7/1 3:40

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

To the future documention/Promotion leader:
I am capable of making you tube video toturials for XOOPS installation, management and etc.
I also can make graphics and banners for promotion team.
If you need my help, contact me ASAP...
{{<<Alitan>>}},
My Persian Xoops Project:
http://www.MPXP.org

skenow
  • 2007/7/1 4:23

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Jeff - could you clarify for us? We have already assembled a group of people that are producing documentation for the installation and usage of the core, along with modules, themes and general reference. Is there another doc team?

Our work forums are at XOOPSinfo and our efforts have been clearly outlined.

Here is what we need clarified - How is 'Documentation and Promotion' different than 'Communications'?

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits