Quest
Simple Image/Gallery with Batch Upload
  • 2007/2/9 13:01

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I have a client which is remote by several states. He has decided to upgrade his current static html business website pages to more dynamic functionality. He has many product pieces and is updating his graphics. He is a business owner and although he would like to learn more about things like php, html, ftp etc. etc. he does not have the time.

I am looking for a simple image manager with admintrative functions like the current core XOOPS image manager but with batch upload capability. Or something similar if it already exists. I could use xcgal and do for other purposes but the module I need for this purpose doesn't need to have all those wonderfull bells and whistles.

Categories with the photos going into a created category folder, Batch Upload of at a min. 5 pics - 10 pics, and Group Permissions, Upload Permisions, Viewing Permissions etc. like the core Image Manager.

I have searched but seem to only find batch upload included with modules to complex for this need.

Thanks.
Any ideas?

Quest

carnuke
Re: Simple Image/Gallery with Batch Upload
  • 2007/2/9 13:33

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

extcal offers a good batch upload facility, but you have to use FTP. Give you client FTP rights to the one batch folder and the rest would be easy. The folder empties itself after uploads, so there is nothing to go wrong.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

zoullou
  • 2007/2/9 14:20

• zoullou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/2 0

This is eXtGallery and not eXtCal

mortuk
  • 2007/2/9 14:25

• mortuk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/13

extgallery iz briliant!

Quest
  • 2007/2/9 15:51

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Thanks Richard! I'll give it a go. Maybe I can make it work but the ftp is not preferred. He really just plain doesn't have time to install one for himself and then learn how to use it. For those who have delved into these sort of things its easy. For guys like the client, not so easy.

Heck, I can barely get him for 10 mins and that is rare.

Thanks again,
Danny

hervet
  • 2007/2/9 16:25

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

When you don't have too much time and enough knowledge, uploading photos by FTP is quicker and easier than using an html form with upload.
That's what we made for a client :

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3651

bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits