N01un0 - remember

Post any bugs you find here.

n01un0
Re: XOOPS Newsletter Mailer
  • 2006/9/30 3:47

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

dev site requires seperate login which I didnt have so figured I'd throw it here. I guess I could register.

andycleff
  • 2006/9/30 11:47

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/29

Quote:
dev site requires seperate login which I didnt have so figured I'd throw it here. I guess I could register

Yes, please register. It's quite painless
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

Swain
  • 2006/10/2 15:34

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I have already posted on this at Smart Factory. I am very impressed with SmartMail, and it fits nearly all my needs. However, I was hoping for the ability to send a newsletter to all users that have opted to send mail. Are there any plans to suppor t this, or be able to import users that have opted to recieve emails?

Haakon
  • 2006/10/2 15:41

• Haakon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/25

I agree with Swain. I've got a list a mile long. To send them emails using XOOPS built-in mailer takes a long time - I have to click 130 times with 100-people on each page...
CellphoneTuition - SMS Poems, articles, videos and more for your Cellular phone!

andycleff
  • 2006/10/2 16:07

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

I think what you are saying is that you want a way to have a SmartMail newsletter list dispatch to all your registered users who have selected "Receive occasional email notices from admin/moderators" in their preferences. Correct?

Think through the rest of the operation details you'd like to see - for example: Would you also want the ability to override user preferences?

And we'll figure out what is possible.

FYI, we do have planned a "batch import" capability for email addresses.
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

Haakon
  • 2006/10/2 16:38

• Haakon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/25

Yes, I would very much like to be able to override the user preference. I am about to get rid of inactive members, so...

Also, I would love it if bounce handling could be a feature.
CellphoneTuition - SMS Poems, articles, videos and more for your Cellular phone!

marcan
  • 2006/10/2 17:20

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi and thanks for the kind comments

Quote:
I've got a list a mile long. To send them emails using XOOPS built-in mailer takes a long time - I have to click 130 times with 100-people on each page...

This is definitaly on the roadmap with a high importance.

Cheers!
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

Swain
  • 2006/10/2 17:21

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

Quote:

andycleff wrote:
I think what you are saying is that you want a way to have a SmartMail newsletter list dispatch to all your registered users who have selected "Receive occasional email notices from admin/moderators" in their preferences. Correct?

Think through the rest of the operation details you'd like to see - for example: Would you also want the ability to override user preferences?

Correct, that is what I would like to see. Other than that, I really cannot think of anything else offhand. That is the only feature Smartmail is lacking that I really need, though an ability to override user preferences might come in useful in getting rid of inactive members.

andycleff
  • 2006/10/2 17:25

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
Also, I would love it if bounce handling could be a feature.

Also on the roadmap with high priority.
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----

www.ampersandesign.net

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits