gestroud
GREAT MODULE! SnX DWodp Xoops DMOZ Integrator
  • 2005/12/25 19:48

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

This is one of the most under-rated modules that I've come across. The author's description really doesn't do it justice.

SnXDWodp gives webmasters the ability to display the entire Open Directory Project attractively on their site/s. The directory is one of the definitive catalogs of categorized web sites and is used by many of the major search engines for their directory listings.

Listings can be limited to categories that are relevant to your site and your visitors' interests. You get thumbnail screenshoots of the sites listed in the directory and the links can be set to open in a new window so that your visitors remain on your site while they investigate others.

The only downsides to the module is that its template will overide your site's background color when you visit the module's page. In other words, if your site has a blue background, when you visit the module page, the background will be white. It will also change the font color to dark gray. I wouldn't suggest using SnX DWodp XOOPS DMOZ Integrator on a site with a dark background.

Here's an example of how it looks on a dark site (you'll notice that the background matches in the module. I'll explain how I accomplished that later) and an example of how it appears on a site with a white background.

NOTE: DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOUR SITE ALREADY HAS A BACKGROUND IMAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's at least one solution to get around the background color problem. What you have to do is create a 1px image the same color as your site's background color. Upload the image to your theme's folder, then edit your style.css and set the image as the new background.

You've already seen how the module will display on a dark, monochrome site once an image has been added to the backround. This is how it will appear on a site with a dark background image and light-colored content.

Keeping the theme and font issues in mind, I can honestly say that I like this module. It installs easily and configures without a problem. It comes with instructions and is compatible with XOOPS 2.2.3. Haven't tried it on any other versions. It also provides another great little resource to keep people coming back to your site.

Oh well, back the the family and the Christmas tree. Just have a hard time keeping away from this site. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm a XOOPSaholic.

Merry XOOPsing to all, and to all a good night!

gestroud

gestroud
Re: GREAT MODULE! SnX DWodp Xoops DMOZ Integrator
  • 2005/12/25 19:52

• gestroud

• Home away from home

OOPS, here's the link

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=40&lid=1608

gestroud
  • 2005/12/25 20:58

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Oh yeah,almost forgot. It's multilingual. Developer's site is in French:http://www.goloom.com/

gestroud
  • 2005/12/26 18:32

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Looks like some tweaking of the .tpl files in the module's templates folder might be just the trick to help this mod blend in a lot better on multi-colored sites.

raygauci
  • 2006/8/22 14:34

• raygauci

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/16

SnX DWodp XOOPS DMOZ Integrator
I have been using this little great module with XOOPS version 2.0.13.2 with PHP v4 with great success. Now I have changed the server which has PHP v5.0.4 This module doesn't seem to link up to pages (categories, etc)

How can I edit the files so it can run on PHP 5+?

I have tried this on XOOPS 2.0.14 with PHP v 4+ and worked like a charm so it is not XOOPS I thing it is the PHP version

Ray

aamjad2001
Problem with MODULE! SnX DWodp Xoops DMOZ Integrator
  • 2006/12/23 21:06

• aamjad2001

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

I have installed the module named "SnX DWodp XOOPS DMOZ Integrator"

its firt page shows up very nicely. there was an error in its image placement but that wasnt a big problem the major problem is that it does show the main page but when you try to enter some sub category then it shows no content.

has anyone else the same problem.

you can see it here: Demoz integrated here

Any Ideas why its happening like this?

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits