gestroud
XOOPSaholic
  • 2005/9/23 20:35

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Hello, my name is gestroud and I'm a XOOPSaholic.

It all started about a year ago, back in my HTML days.

They were, in some ways, happier times -- carefree times. I was satisified running 5 HTML-based sites. I'd add content ever so often and go out then enjoy the day, spend time with family & friends and partake in the finer things in life.

And then I found XOOPS.

It all started with an impure desire to begin using a CMS to run my sites. I thought it would be easier. I thought it would simplify life and help me create sites that were more feature rich and efficient. I thought...

Well, my thoughts became realities. I got what I asked for, but I wasn't prepared for what would happen next.

After a few days of trial and error using XOOPS (I'd tried some others which I found lacking), I began to discover the wonders of XOOPS.

My sites transfered over with ease. Looking at the finished products gave me an intoxicating headrush. XOOPS was a miracle. I was hooked.

As time passed, I started hanging out on the forum -- asking questions, sharing info, getting my fix. Many a late hour was spent testing modules, themes and hacks.

About six months into my addiction I started an undergoing inexplicable compulsion to make more sites. Six wasn't enough. I needed more More MORE!

Today, I have 26 XOOPS-based sites in different stages of development. I don't go out much, and I'm startng to look like Howard Hughes.

I know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but for right now, I'm trying to take it day by day, site by site. I may not ever recover, but at least there's always hope.

Thank you for allowing me to share my story.

Resized Image

kaotik
Re: XOOPSaholic
  • 2005/9/23 20:48

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

26 XOOPS sites
Wow, that's quite a workload. If they turn out half as good as your cinamatographer site I'm sure they'll rock!
www.kaotik.biz

Herko
  • 2005/9/23 20:49

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Wonderful story! If you are addicted to something, what better then XOOPS!

/me makes a mental note to create more XOOPS based sites... wow, 26... and counting...!

Herko

Lance_
  • 2005/9/23 22:45

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

We need a 12 step program here....
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

gestroud
  • 2005/9/24 4:48

• gestroud

• Home away from home

I finished two more sites after I wrote my initial post.

Please, someone stop me before I XOOPS again! Resized Image

MadFish
  • 2005/9/24 5:01

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Today, I have 26 XOOPS-based sites in different stages of development. I don't go out much, and I'm startng to look like Howard Hughes.

Lol...congratulations :)

Your politics site is cool. How did you do the political radio box? Is that a custom block?

studioC
  • 2005/9/24 10:52

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

YOu're welcome on board gestroud

michael

gestroud
  • 2005/9/24 14:29

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Quote:

MadFish wrote:

Your politics site is cool. How did you do the political radio box? Is that a custom block?

Thank you for the the compliment. I enjoy that site -- guess I'm a news/politics junkie, too.

The political radio box was made using the debaser module. It has the best internet radio feature in XOOPS right now, IMO.

gestroud

JMorris
  • 2005/9/25 2:45

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

:ROFLMAO: Oh man! That's great! 28 Sites, WOW! As an old acquaintance of mine would say, "You're f00kin addicted".

I can totally relate, though not quite on the same scale. I've probably got about a dozen XOOPS sites I manage, but my day job, my side jobs, and college keep me from going all out.

It's great to have you here.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

106 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 106

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits