• 2006/8/10 5:21

• Scott

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/10

XOOPS Version: 2.0.13.1
Module Name/Version: newbb 1.0/2.02
PHP Version: v4.4.1
MySQL Version: 4.0.25-standard
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): 1.3.34 (Unix)
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using:
Custom template: (Yes/No) no
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

I unzipped the newbb 2.02 in my /xoops/modules directory and the existing forums stopped working. I had not unloaded or disabled the existing forum, but it did disappear from the module admin screen. It is apparent that the new forum used the same directory structure and overwrote the old forum, I just don't know how to recover since it will not allow me to install either the old 1.0 newbb or the 2.02 newbb.

When I try the install I get the following message:
Quote:
Table 'xoops_bb_categories' already exists

What do I do?

MadFish
Re: Unzipping newbb 2.02 killed my current forums, how do I recover
  • 2006/8/10 5:46

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

If you are trying to update the module, then you don't need to actually install it. Have a look in the readme file for upgrade instructions - I think (could be wrong) there was an upgrade script?

If you can't get it working, then you may need to roll back by i) uploading the original file structure / newbb folder (version 1) and ii) restoring your database from backup.

I hope you backed up your site/database before trying to upgrade!

jensclas

Quote:
I unzipped the newbb 2.02 in my /xoops/modules directory

Unzipping an entire module download directly to your site is not the way to do it...you need to unzip the folder to your PC and only uploade the required files - check the administration manual in the documentation site and the FAQ's on modules. The latter has links to visual tutorials.

Scott
  • 2006/8/10 21:17

• Scott

• Just popping in

Quote:
Unzipping an entire module download directly to your site is not the way to do it...you need to unzip the folder to your PC and only uploade the required files - check the administration manual in the documentation site and the FAQ's on modules.

I am kind of new at this and am learning as I go. Any suggestions on how to backout of what I have already done? I don't know how to clean the newbb tables from the database other than just going through and deleting any table associated with the forum.

Any suggestions before I potentially make this worse.

svaha
  • 2006/8/10 21:28

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

1.0 is already installed, just copy/ftp the 1.0 files to your directory modules newbb, then you should have a running forum again (1.0)

To Update, first read the update instructions.
You don't have to install newbb, just hit the update button in the admin section after you ftp'd the 2.02 files in the directory newbb/ to the server's directory newbb/
What doesn't kill me,
makes me stronger.

http://exm.amevita.eu
http://www.amevita.eu
http://www.alohaspirit.nl

Scott
  • 2006/8/10 22:45

• Scott

• Just popping in

I tried that, but it still does not reappear on the installed modules on the module admin menu.

It shows up on the uninstalled modules and when I try to install it says
Quote:
Table 'xoops_bb_categories' already exists

Swain
  • 2006/8/11 2:46

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

If you have anything from the existing forums you want to save, back up the database to your HD in PHPAdim (you only need to backup the forum tables). Then delete the tables in in PHPAdim, and try with a clean install. Once the module is installed, delete (drop) the newly created tables in PHPAdmin, and then import the backed up ones. That is what I would do anyhow.

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits