gestroud
The Women of XOOPS?
  • 2006/4/4 16:38

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I was talking with my wife last night about XOOPS modules, themes and developers and she said that XOOPS seems like a "guy thing" - particulary in the areas of module & theme development. I wanted to tell her that she was wrong, but I can only think of two women who've made themes and none that made any modules.

Am I wrong? Is my wife (God forbid) right? Where are the women theme and module developers of XOOPS?

davidl2
Re: The Women of XOOPS?
  • 2006/4/4 16:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

gestroud
  • 2006/4/4 19:58

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

That was an interesting thread - must have missed that one. But it mostly has to do with women who use xoops, not developers & designers. I hate to say it, but looks like my wife is right. Resized Image

jensclas

I'd like to reassure your wife to some extent - I am a user not a module or theme developer - but it isn't because I'm not interested - I simply don't have the time to learn. When the kids flee the nest things may well be different - as long as they keep putting crap on TV and I can't afford to take up other interetsts (which typically are female like patchwork and scrapbooking which compete with my mortgage payments)i will be kicking around and maybe - just maybe- will try my hand at a theme. My brain requires stimulation and without TV, craft and kids I reckon XOOPS just may be the answer - but this will be at least 2 years from now.

In the mean time family and full time teaching deplete the brain from any energy that might be left for learning something new...and in teaching the Gov't here is always challenging us by doing things like introducing new reporting systems etc...

In the mean time have done some things that fill gaps which haven't required the time needed for a steep learning curve- like writing FAQ's and help docs etc...using the skills I have as an English Teacher is what I have been able to offer.

Cheers
Jen

PS: my husband has absolutely no interest whatsoever in all this computer stuff. The best he can do is play soliatire and under supervision update his resume!

Shine
  • 2006/4/4 20:43

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

How about......
addresses module 1.05 and later upgraded to 1.07 !
or
being for several years (5) a moderator on the Dutch Xsupport site (givin'this 'job' up several days ago though)
realised and still realising quit some translations
created my own module 'books' which hasn't been released yet because it isn't finished for public release, (using it on my own website at the moment)

Sounds this enough?

Grtz., female Shine

Lourdes
  • 2006/4/4 20:53

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

Your wife is not completely wrong nor right, I'm female and try and be as active on XOOPS as possible :P

msdana
  • 2006/4/4 21:08

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Here's another woman, very active with XOOPS. Between basketball, baseball, homework (for both my son and me), overseeing 4 XOOPS sites, modifying templates for these sites, hacking modules to suit my needs, and having a full-time graphic design business, I hardly have time to breathe, much less develop modules.

I'd really like to learn how to develop modules, but I don't believe it's in the cards for me right now :) I'd really like to design some themes, I have some ideas, just not the time! :)
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits