kozuch82
Newbie: The best forum module for XOOPS???
  • 2006/4/3 10:29

• kozuch82

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/2 2

Hi,

new to XOOPS and looking for the best modules for each basic function (news, downloads, forum etc.). Could i get some advices on the forum module? I use the latest 2.0. XOOPS version, but before i install the core newbb forum, i just want to ask, if it is not better to install the CBB right away (CBB the succesor of newbb???). I saw also also the Invision Power Board.

Which is the best if i am looking for a mid-ranged forum with no special functions and i want some developer perspective (i mean like it will be maintained for a while still).

Thx,
Jan

kurak_bu
Re: Newbie: The best forum module for XOOPS???
  • 2006/4/3 11:40

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

Quote:

kozuch82 wrote:
Hi,

new to XOOPS and looking for the best modules for each basic function (news, downloads, forum etc.). Could i get some advices on the forum module? I use the latest 2.0. XOOPS version, but before i install the core newbb forum, i just want to ask, if it is not better to install the CBB right away (CBB the succesor of newbb???). I saw also also the Invision Power Board.

Which is the best if i am looking for a mid-ranged forum with no special functions and i want some developer perspective (i mean like it will be maintained for a while still).
Jan

news:
news or AMS
downloads:
mydownloads, wf-downlaods, PD-downloads
forum:
cbb

tip: go to modules repository, choose category and order by popularity and you will see what are the most popular modules (and the best).

Lourdes
  • 2006/4/3 14:08

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

I definitely recommend CBB, I use it and it's extremely versatile.

slyss
  • 2006/4/3 14:15

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

news: news 1.44
download: wf-download
forum: for now, cbb 3.01 .... but i wait a stable version of phpbb integrate with xoops....
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

jensclas

greta modules are those with great backup and ongoing development - go to Smart factory for the best article, download and FAQ modules. - there are others there too.

As a newbie you might find some good tips etc in the help docs thread below too.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits