martyboy
New module - videoweb
  • 2006/3/25 21:24

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Sorry for the title it's not really a new module its just one I've cloned but though that might grab more attention.

Anyway, after reading a post about a podcasting module and seeing what someone had achieved using the magazine module and google video I thought my site could do with something like that.

I tried the magazine module but I didnt like the templates and I dont know enough about html and smarty to alter them, i also tried zmagazine but I couldnt get that to work correctly, so I looked for a simple article mod to create categories and articles(where i could past the embed code for the vids), I found the makale module from turkxoops and I decided to clone it to change the name.

I succesfully changed all instances of makale to video and makales to videos, sql table names where also changed along with file names and the mod directory changed to videoweb. I managed to install the module on my local test site with no probs, the only problem now is I cant get the article content to show, I created a new category, everything ok there and then a new article where i pasted in the video embed code but nothing shows on the user side. These are the error messages:
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME1 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME1' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME2 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME2' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 76
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME3 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME3' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 84
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME4 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME4' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 92
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: art_video_text in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\video.php line 76
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME1 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME1' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME2 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME2' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 76
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME3 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME3' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 84
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_video_BNAME4 - assumed '_MI_video_BNAME4' in file W:\www\html\modules\videoweb\xoops_version.php line 92

You can download the module HEREsadly i dont really know what to do with these error messages Im pretty much stuck, hopefully someone will be able to help and fix them.

I would also like a better template for the index page and the ablility to vote/rate the videos like in zmagazine.

Cheers, let me know what you think.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

martyboy
Re: New module - videoweb
  • 2006/3/25 22:10

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

ok, I've uploaded a new version here, I managed to fix some of the undefined constants in xoops_version.php and there was 2 instances of makale in the sql file that hadnt been changed to video these have been fixed, the only thing is I still cant get the article text to show on the user side, the article title and decription comes up fine but no text.

On checking with smarty debug it says the article text is empty - if im reading it right - but when I check the database it shows the article text in there in art_video_text. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Xoops = King Of CMS

JackJ
  • 2006/3/25 23:40

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Interesting concept.

These messages are nothing to worry, just notices of undefined code, they are not really errors.

Have you not tried debaser??

It plays any media format,has categories and a number of nice blocks, and a rating function

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=45&lid=1428

I have managed an embed in zmagazine, the zmagazine in the XOOPS download was uploaded before some bugs were sorted later, I applied the bugfixes, and have included the spaw wysiwyg etc. (only works in windows explorer) I will be making it available soon. I don't know if this works in the 2.2 series though.

Embed demo in my test site:

http://www.macambridge.com/zmagazine+index.category+1.htm

the code is for realplayer, but code can be added for other players
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results...

ALbert Einstein

martyboy
  • 2006/3/26 0:02

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have tried debaser its an excellent module, i used it some time back on my website, though I dont think it can do what I need to do if i remember correctly. basically I am wanting to embed code from the likes of youtube.com, google video, zippyvideos etc youtube and google are flash players, although you can play flash in debaser i think you would have to link to the .swf file where as youtube and google allow you to display there movies on your site using code they supply to embed it.

I am not too bothered about the error messages I got, I am still having trouble with the article text(or in my case the embed video code) not displaying, it may be a problem with the template, I will look again tomorrow when I get more time.

As for zmagazine it was perfect but I couldnt get some section images to show and there where several bugs so I gave up on it but I look forward to your fixed version, I am using XOOPS 2.0.13.2 so it should work ok hopefully.

Thanks.

Xoops = King Of CMS

martyboy
  • 2006/3/26 20:07

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Sorry, I have to bump this topic up, I've managed to get the article content to show but now I can't get any of the blocks to show, and I have no idea on how to proceed. PHP debug doesnt give me anything, and I am not realy sure how to interprate what is brought up by smarty debug and mysql/blocks debug.

I am testing the module locally using XOOPS 2.0.13.2 and xsas. You can download a copy from here. Is there anychance that someone with some more knowledge could download it and take a look at it please to see whats going wrong with the blocks?

Thanks for your help.

Xoops = King Of CMS

gestroud
  • 2006/4/25 18:41

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

How are you making out with your efforts to add google video?

jensclas

Quote:
I am not realy sure how to interprate what is brought up by smarty debug and mysql/blocks debug.

Try johns tiorials on debubgging here for an explanation of how to use them and what to do with the results.

HTH

martyboy
  • 2006/4/25 21:58

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually never continued with the module, no one replied until today and all i had done was basically clone it anyway, I dont know anything about coding, a short while after I found a clone of the smartsection module HERE

All I needed was some type of article module to post the video embed code into my site so the cloned smartsection was ideal for me, I altered the language files a bit changing article to video to suit my needs you can see it in action on my site HERE

That part of my site has been very popular, it would be great if someone could make a proper module for embedding video codes from the likes of you tube and google or perhaps someone would have a try and creating something using you tubes API (i dont know what API means, lol)

There developer section is HERE.

A module using youtube API's would be cool I think, I had a look around and I couldnt find anyone using youtube API's in this manner, as I dont really understand what API is I am not sure exactly what you can do but I assume you can create an application to display you tube videos onto another website.

I will perhaps post a request into the mod request forum soon.

Thanks.

Xoops = King Of CMS

n01un0
  • 2006/8/28 23:10

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

Is this tweaked version enabling video available for download somewhere?

n01un0
  • 2006/8/29 21:22

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

Thanks martyboy for the email and the script!! I'm off to tinker with it now

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits