m0nty
Re: Users cant register with no reason!
  • 2006/3/19 5:01

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i'll take a look. but i'll need ftp access, also access to your MySQL db and admin access to the site..

JackJ
Re: Users cant register with no reason!
  • 2006/3/19 10:28

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Hi there,

Difficult one. If anyone can fix it Monty can, it is dificult to solve this problem playing guessing games with no access to the site, could you also switch on php debug if you have not already.

Monty:

AM_CNRNU is a define in:

modules/system/language/english/admin/users.php

which means "Could not register new user"

If you are using muli-languages, it is possible the define is missing in yourlanguage files.

the error generates from this file:

admin/users/main.php around line 193

if (!$member_handler->insertUser($newuser)) {
$adduser_errormsg = _AM_CNRNU;
} else {
if (!$member_handler->addUserToGroup(XOOPS_GROUP_USERS, $newuser->getVar('uid'))) {
$adduser_errormsg = _AM_CNRNU2;

Perhaps this can assist?

I would perhaps overwrite these files in case any have been corrupted:

xoops root:

edituser.php
lostpass.php
register.php
user.php
userinfo.php

folders:

modules/xoopsmembers/index.php
modules/blocks/system.blocks.php
modules/system/admin/groupperm.php
modules/system/admin/users/main.php
modules/system/admin/users/users.php
modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php
modules/system/admin/groups/groups.php
modules/system/admin/groups/main.php
kernal/user.php
include/checklogin.php

otherwise your database may have problems, did you back up before you changed the prefix's etc? if your files are ok I supect something has went wrong when you did this? You may do this already, but its a good idea to backup your database regularily as possible, at least you can restore it if it becomes corrupted or even lost.

good luck..
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results...

ALbert Einstein

bumbum
Users can't register - only blank page after submit
  • 2006/3/20 21:38

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I'm not sure how long this has been going on for - a couple of weeks I guess but it's come to my attention that visitors to my site can't register for a member account.
I'm running XOOPS 2.0.13.2 (recently downgraded from 2.2) and when a user fills out the register form and clicks on submit they're just being redirected to a blank page url: www.mysite.com/register.php
New user registration is turned on and I've uploaded a fresh copy of register.php just in case the original one was corrupted.
I've turned on phpdebug and get the following error message:Quote:

Notice [PHP]: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in file include/common.php line 177

I've uploaded a fresh copy of common.php too but I'm still having the same problem.
Can anyone shed any light on this for me or point me in any direction of what to look out for please???

PTlooker
Re: Users can't register - only blank page after submit
  • 2006/3/22 22:11

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/15

Well I had come here to thank m0nty for his time and excellent help. After an huge look on the database and XOOPS files everything seems to be ok... then m0nty noticed that on the block i had created to register users and lost pass link i didnt have the www but onlyhttp://mysite.com/register.html ... when i put the www eveything works just fine..
A simples mistake that cause an huge problem... thanks to m0nty and all the others that try to help me on this!

So if you are having the same problem and looking around this topic you may want to check that!

Best regards!

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits