Jharis
community cookout
  • 2006/3/4 1:20

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Every so often it gets a little quiet around here. I thought this would be the perfect time for the community to come together and get to know each other. So if you're the everyday XOOPS addict, newbie, module developer, theme designer or just the stranger surfing the endless waves of the web tell us a little about yourself. What hobbies keep you sane? Do you have have a XOOPS project... if so what it is? Do you volunteer here at XOOPS HQ... if so what do you do?

so grab a or and talk.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

msdana
Re: community cookout
  • 2006/3/4 1:36

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Sane?? Are we sane?? Or do we just say we are and hope that people believe us?

I'm just a graphic designer who happened upon XOOPS and became addicted. I used to think what I did was great until I saw what the developers here at XOOPS do, so I say "just" a graphic designer :)

I have completed 3 sites using XOOPS since December:
www.networkdept.com
www.scribblesgraphics.com
www.panhandlegateway.com (a knock-off of FolsomLiving.com)

I'm currently working on a fourth project.

I don't have enough knowledge to volunteer, but I do try to help the newbies (like myself)
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

justjeff
  • 2006/3/4 3:14

• justjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

Good Idea, but hot dogs don't agree with me anymore , however I always enjoy a good cookout

I started looking at cms a few years ago for a project or two, tried duportal and looked at phpnuke, I finally found XOOPS and it was so much easier with the install I stayed!!

I consider myself a newb because I haven't dabbled in the code or ever done much with php or sql although I have a degree in computer science. Actually I own a small excavating business, so much for college.

The main site I support is kind of proprietary so I rarely put out the url. I do check in here 2 or 3 times a week, more if the weather is bad. I'm willing to help where I can.
Jeff

talunceford

Well, one of my hobbies is this.http://aquaria.tswn.com

My main hobby is my music, and my web sites....
Tim
www.tswn.com | www.bf2online.com | aquaria.tswn.com | www.bf2142online.org

Jharis
  • 2006/3/7 6:36

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

Some very nice sites guys.

Hmm... jeff seems to be holding out on us!

don (el paso)

jensclas

Don't know about a 'cookout' - I prefer a good ol barbie myself (barbeque or BBQ). Ya just toss on some snags, bit of steak and the seafood lovers have their shrimp all to themselves! Beats a pie and sauce anyday. The best place of course for all this is down by the Murray River, under the gum trees with the kids paying at waterskiing..all of course in this great land downunder..but that's not my passion!
I am a decorative artist and believe anyone can learn to do anything including paint and draw. I'm a die hard teacher. I also learned to do patchwork because buying a new quilt for my bed was out of the reach of the finances.

Thus I learned to do my own website - many thanks to the XOOPS developers and community. Around here I am still a newbie in some areas (codes and scripts still blow me away) so I help newbies in other ways - especially when it can help with getting started. I have assisted with some documentation in the past but you know - life gets in the way. However I am always available to help with getting the language right in a document - will proof read, make suggestions and help those especially writing and using English as a second language. So...if you are writing documentation or tutorials or 'read me' docs to go with modules, hacks and themes and you want help with proof reading, advice, or even a guide as to what to include give me a hoy!

Cheers
Jen
Jen's Classroom

justjeff
  • 2006/3/7 16:19

• justjeff

• Just popping in

Quote:

Jharis wrote:
Some very nice sites guys.

Hmm... jeff seems to be holding out on us!

don (el paso)

LOL I think you are the one holding out!! is it Jharris or don ?? LOL

The main site I 'manage' is essential to area emergency response, therefore there isn't much to see if you are not authorized. No need to invite 'problems'

Hot Dogs ?? where's the beef?
Jeff

Jharis
  • 2006/3/8 5:10

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

Since were talking about cooksouts whats everyones new found favorite to cook?

My last big success and favorite is slow cooked pork ribs. I let these babies cook on 180 degrees for about 10+ hours in the oven. Completely cover in several layers of alunimum foil so the juices dont escape. Its a simple recipe and the secret is in how you cook them. Guaranteed to be tender.

Buy a couple sides of pork ribes. I like to use about a half cup of jack daniels marinade on each rack of ribs, but you can use your favorite bbq sauce too. Go easy on the marinade or sauce or you'll over power the flavor of the ribs. I also use a dash of salt, peper, and a bit of lemon season (just sprinkle both sides).

After about 10 hours (longer for bigger rack of ribs) these babies will just fall off the bone.

Ok now I'm making myself hungrey.

don (el paso)

justjeff
  • 2006/3/15 23:17

• justjeff

• Just popping in

Quote:

Jharis wrote:

After about 10 hours (longer for bigger rack of ribs) these babies will just fall off the bone.....

don (el paso)

Sounds like a trip to el paso is on the agenda
Jeff

iHackCode

Quote:

Jharis wrote:
Since were talking about cooksouts whats everyones new found favorite to cook?

My last big success and favorite is slow cooked pork ribs. I let these babies cook on 180 degrees for about 10+ hours in the oven. Completely cover in several layers of alunimum foil so the juices dont escape. Its a simple recipe and the secret is in how you cook them. Guaranteed to be tender.

Buy a couple sides of pork ribes. I like to use about a half cup of jack daniels marinade on each rack of ribs, but you can use your favorite bbq sauce too. Go easy on the marinade or sauce or you'll over power the flavor of the ribs. I also use a dash of salt, peper, and a bit of lemon season (just sprinkle both sides).

After about 10 hours (longer for bigger rack of ribs) these babies will just fall off the bone.

Ok now I'm making myself hungrey.

don (el paso)

its midnight and now im sooo hungry..
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits