flaxy
Time Issues
  • 2005/12/1 14:18

• flaxy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/21

Okay guys, this is a new server and i have never had this promlem before, but the time is off by about 4 hours going foward. Example, a post was sumitted to the fourm at 9:00am this morning and it says 13:00 instead. I checked the time and timezone on the server and it's configured correctly, and I also checked the time on the MySQL server and it correct also. I don't know the command to check the time zone on the MySQL server, but I would assume its right as well. The timezone for both the server time and the default time are set to EST. Please HELP! I'm going crazy!

knarf
Re: Time Issues
  • 2005/12/1 14:35

• knarf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/2 1

is the timezone of the user who is submitting the post correctly set. This is done within the userprofile.

Succes,
Frank

flaxy
  • 2005/12/1 19:57

• flaxy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/21

Not seeing the time zone feature. I'm loged in as the user and I'm looking at the extended profile -> Edit part and I'm not seeing it.

Dave_L
  • 2005/12/1 22:28

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

1) What is your XOOPS version?

2) Do you know how to examine the database tables directly, with phpMyAdmin or an equivalent?

killertomato

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using 2.2.3 English version. From General Seettings menu, I checked Server timezone and Default timezone and both of them were correct but as flaxy is discribing the actual time on the side is about 4 hours ahead.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm not super great on PHP or SQL so detailed instructions would be great. Please help!

Quest
  • 2006/1/4 22:13

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I am using 2.2.3a
I installed XFGuestbook today and noticed a time stamp problem too. My settings were working fine before and were set correctly in the the administration preferences. I tried to change the timezone offset in Extended Profile fields and that didn't work either.

The only thing that worked was changing my server timezone in the administration preferences. I messed around with it a couple of times and found the setting that brought the post in sink with the actual time. For example: It is correct at GMT -7:00 for the SERVER and GMT-5:00 for my default but I had to set the Server to GMT-2:00.

There must be something wrong in the code but I don't know what it is. Anyone know? It works fine for me now but I don't know if it will effect anything else and not in a good way. There has to be a more permanent and correct way to fix this problem.

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits