fryonvigil
***WEBCAM
  • 2005/3/11 13:21

• fryonvigil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 9

gOOD DAY,

Xoops is known all through out the planet already. I keep on reading for their new updates as well as their modules.

I can't find a module which involves webcam. Does anyone know where to find this?

I am planning to create a LAN where a speaker can deliver his presentation via webcam while the audience see him live on their own monitor (separate rooms). Would this be possible in xoops?

Got any softwares or modules for this?

Master, please help me deal with this. I know you got millions of ideas out there.

More power

fryonvigil

ajuden
Re: ***WEBCAM
  • 2005/3/11 14:58

• ajuden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/17

Not really sure if this is what you want or not, but I did a search on the XOOPS site for web cam, and this is what I found.

Camportail

Post back in here, and let everyone know if this works for you.

Alan

kumzzy
  • 2005/3/11 17:11

• kumzzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

what dies this module do? any1 has a sample?

fryonvigil
  • 2005/3/11 23:52

• fryonvigil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 9

Well thanks for a prompt response. I have finished downloading it. I'LL test it and I'll be back to inform you about the progress soon.

Thanks and more power,

fryonvigil

webosb
  • 2005/3/30 12:23

• webosb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

it sucks. the admin part doesnt even show, it brings u to the module in action, basically all it does is link your webcam page.

fredski
  • 2005/3/30 14:17

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

Does it link to a web cam page or display a webcam page?

If it displays one, can't it be used with something like tincam

Or maybe you could setup a cam page that is just wrapped by xoops.

If it is a linked one, you could also set up a webcam page which is wrapped by xoops, and then link that page with the webcam module. so that you can display various cams on your site.

Just a thought.

V6-Maniac
  • 2005/3/30 14:46

• V6-Maniac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/15

I also wan't to install Camportail.
But when i push the install button in the module admin page.
I only get an blank screen.
What can i be and how can i solve this problem.

BTW: i use XOOPS V2 upgraded to 2.0.9.3

webosb
  • 2005/3/30 15:08

• webosb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

OK, I did some more homework... after playing with this for over an hour, I deactivated it, and I was able to see the menu pop up to admin it. Thumbnails are 120x90 (29.3kb) and everytime that I try to add the image with required cam info, it tells me IMPOSSIBLE TO ATTACH THE FILE. And then I tried to do it without the image and it gives me ERROR in french or something. This thing doesnt work. Its crap. And If you try to add it thru the front end, it gives u this: You certainly forgot a necessary information. Only the field 'your image' can be empty.

dean_collins

yep I couldn't get it to work I ended up using bassmans webcam works fine even on 2.2.3

my only question though do you kow if the webcames are refreshing even when no one is viewing the page ie. do they use bandwitch just by being programmed on the site?

tia,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

adrock
  • 2005/9/22 20:17

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

I haven't used the module, but the bandwidth question depends on how the particular module gets and uses the information.
If the module is framing content from an external source or app, then no. If it is pulling the information from the cam/app and displaying it, is that function called when the page displays or constantly. Same goes for having the info fed to it from the web cam or app.

The best way to find out dean, would be to check your logs from the server.
Look for:
a) whether or not you have constant access/pings from the ip of the webcam.

b) check page access information to see if any part of the module is transfered in part or in whole when comparing it to the ip access information.

c) Start your cam, log inot the site and watch for a specified amount of time, taking note of what time and day you are doing this, and then check the info in your web logs to see if that created a significant increase in bandwidth use during the test compared to no test.

This will also provide you with some decent 'standards' to use for calculating what your bandwidth requirements are going to be over time based on the number of users or expected users viewing the cam, and for an average length of viewing time or specific file size.

Maybe I'll buy a new firewire cable for my camcorder this weekend and try it out
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits