qolspony
XOOPS.org moderator requirements [was: Drupal]
  • 2005/9/21 22:03

• qolspony

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/12

I just wanted to let everyone know that I downloaded Drupal yesterday and it is fantastic. The Developers walk me through it like I was ontheir team, and I'm really satisfied.

DRUPAL >>>http://drupal.org/

I also sent them a donation, which they are very thankful. You know guys, this will never be possible if people did not donate. So I make it a point to send in at least one hundred dollars.

Anyway, what does XOOPS! have to do with this?

Well, the recent release has totally destroyed my confidence in XOOPS! So I needed an easy way out of this. I'm glad I choose to download Drupal. The Developers there are really nice. They don't loud mouth you like they do over here. They listen with intent interests and they will let you wipe the floors with them until you get results.

I like that!

There isn't the same kind of restrictions that you see on these forums. People are free to express their point of view NO MANNER WHAT! And that's why I'm eventually going to phase out XOOPS!

The potential of having a great XOOPS! was noticable in pasttime, however, that has changed over the recent months. You got a whole bunch of developers who shouting at members for just bringing out concerns and throwing their weight around.

It's terrible. I felt like crying.. but I held up. I wasn't going to let a few clownies ruin my whole day.

I decide not to pursue the legal thing.. Too costly! Much easier to go to DRupal.. YUMMY! And wash all these frustrating headaches away.

Isn't that exciting? I don't read messages about me not being civilized or proper enough. I still did not get an answer, but I know the Developer is a HATER!

Well.... I guess that's all folks!

Good bye XOOPS!
Protect The U.S. Constitution

Necron99
Re: Drupal
  • 2005/9/21 22:17

• Necron99

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

Suuuuure you donated "at least" 100$. I think you just got pissed that this free project didn't satisfy you ungrateful butt. What I don't understand is why you had to get dramatic about it.

brash
  • 2005/9/21 23:44

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm glad you like Drupal qolspony, there is no doubt it is a very capable product. I think your decision to move on is a wise one as there is no way the dev's or any of the regulars here "will let you wipe the floors with them until you get results". It simply is NOT what a community is about. I'm not even a developer and I find the attitude you've displayed in these forums toward them in general (especially toward Herko & Herve) to be totally offensive, and I can guarantee you I am not the only one. I realise that you were probably feeling a little victimised when you made your threat of legal action, but for future reference I would think about looking up such legal terms as defamination, and libel before making such comments. With these legal definitions and your comments/attitude in mind I think it was a wise decision not to proceed down this path.

When all is said and done this all comes back to the attitude you seem to have that everybody here has some kind of obligation to serve your needs, and to take your disrespectful manner without any retaliation. Getting help from any community is a priviledge, not a right. And until you adjust your attitude accordingly you are going to come unstuck with most communities you interact with at some point in time.

Note to core team/webmasters: It is exactly because of the type of unfortunate occurances that has happened here with qolspony that this forum needs active moderation. Some see this as censorship, but you NEED boundaries in ANY community, otherwise things just fall apart. In the real world we have the police to enforce rules on the community. In general, this is NOT done to censor the community, but rather to protect it from those who wish to do harm or cause undue friction. At the moment we don't really have anybody acting the role of the police here, and most of the time only the posts that are really confronting and get noticed will be dealt with. We have all these rules set out in the XOOPSiquette section and it is well past due time that they are enforced, or destructive attitudes such as displayed here are just going to keep chipping away at the motivation levels of those who are doing something until nothing is left.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

davidl2
  • 2005/9/22 0:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Sometimes strong moderation is required unfortunately

Criticism is all well and good.. but there are limits

broadcircle

Quote:

I decide not to pursue the legal thing.. Too costly!
Good bye XOOPS!

What's that all about?

Phil K.
"That's about it"

MadFish
  • 2005/9/22 0:52

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
They don't loud mouth you like they do over here.

Ermmm...who is the 'loud mouth'?

Quote:
They listen with intent interests and they will let you wipe the floors with them until you get results.

I like that!

Ha ha ha. Sure. You're the boss. Spank me.

Quote:
There isn't the same kind of restrictions that you see on these forums. People are free to express their point of view NO MANNER WHAT!

'No manner' seems a fairly accurate slip up to me. Like I said last time, you are free to express your views in here so long as you do it respectfully. Which you didn't. Don't you get that? Obviously you are not this rude to people on the street, or you would have been locked up by now...

Quote:
You got a whole bunch of developers who shouting at members for just bringing out concerns and throwing their weight around.

You were apallingly rude, but *were offered help anyway* (including by me), and then you started making legal threats! With 16 posts!

Quote:
I decide not to pursue the legal thing.. Too costly!

You mean your lawyer told you not to be so bloody ridiculous? The offer of my details is still good.

--

I think there is a need to review forum moderation. Its become apparent to me that there are a few rare people that XOOPS is just better off without. Do we really need to have everyone on board?

Just a thought...this wouldn't be the return of Max or whatever his name was, by any chance?

Chappy
  • 2005/9/22 1:17

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Quote:
They listen with intent interests and they will let you wipe the floors with them until you get results.

Keep the Drupal developers away from the upper floors of skyscrapers!
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

JMorris
  • 2005/9/22 2:04

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
I'm not even a developer and I find the attitude you've displayed in these forums toward them in general (especially toward Herko & Herve) to be totally offensive, and I can guarantee you I am not the only one.

I'll second that!

Quote:
It is exactly because of the type of unfortunate occurances that has happened here with qolspony that this forum needs active moderation.

With 35,000+ members, I'm really suprised at the lack of "Official Moderators". I think I've seen 1 and that person is rarely around anymore. Just about every other OSS project I've seen of this size has at least a few moderators on their support forums.

Just my 2 cents.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

LazyBadger

"Official moderators" are sign of weak spirit. As history teach us - best method of handling with trolls is Silent Ignorance, but all you yield on the provocation as the small children
Sad...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Jharis
  • 2005/9/22 2:50

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

qolspony,

May you find what you're looking for.

Good Bye.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits