MikeFalcor
Re: Anyone use hosting by GoDaddy.com if so, how the HELL do you create database users?!
  • 2005/8/2 17:26

• MikeFalcor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

unfortunately, I don't think phpinfo will work on GoDaddy due to the fact that they have php_safemode=yes!

Lame, I know, which is one of the reasons I got out of their grasp. Another thing - Will XOOPS work on a safe enabled host?

To learn the root of your GoDaddy account, I can't remember whether I emailed support or if I found it in the faq, but it WAS one of the two.

Hope this helps!

Forlorndeeds
Re: Anyone use hosting by GoDaddy.com if so, how the HELL do you create database users?!

Hey,

Yeah, phpinfo gave me something like: d:\hosting\<account name here>. Like a computer syntax? I've emailed them, but they give me a copy-paste answer, not even reading my email.
It's really retarded when you go with big companys.

Also, I have CuteFTP, and you know when you right click, and click properties, you can find CHMOD, well.. it's not there. I don't know if they've disabled it or what. =/

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/2 21:08

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
d:\hosting\<account name here>

That's a Windows server, so chmod won't work.

Stewdio
  • 2005/8/2 23:37

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

phpinfo and many other commands are disabled on godaddy, however, they do have a script that you can make to find out your php information.

http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=89&topic_id=111&

You can also find more information on their windows hosting by going to:

http://help.godaddy.com/topic_list.php?topic_id=97&

Unfortunately, I was unable to look up anything to do with permissions. Maybe you will have better luck then me, if you haven't already gone over their FAQ's; which I'm sure already have.

One way around this is to use Frontapage (yuk), but at least it will maintain your file permissions when uploading. This may be an alternative solution if your in a real pinch and have a deadline to meet for your client.

I'm a unix guy, so I can't help much beyond that when it comes to windows hosting.

(I'm on a short time frame and have to run, hope this helps)
XOOPS Community Support

Forlorndeeds

Quote:

Stewdio wrote:
phpinfo and many other commands are disabled on godaddy, however, they do have a script that you can make to find out your php information.

http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=89&topic_id=111&

You can also find more information on their windows hosting by going to:

http://help.godaddy.com/topic_list.php?topic_id=97&

Unfortunately, I was unable to look up anything to do with permissions. Maybe you will have better luck then me, if you haven't already gone over their FAQ's; which I'm sure already have.

One way around this is to use Frontapage (yuk), but at least it will maintain your file permissions when uploading. This may be an alternative solution if your in a real pinch and have a deadline to meet for your client.

I'm a unix guy, so I can't help much beyond that when it comes to windows hosting.

(I'm on a short time frame and have to run, hope this helps)

Did'nt work. Tried it, got all these weird variables up.
Seriously. What will work...?

Herko
  • 2005/8/4 6:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

your client can't be persuaded to use another host? Perhaps?

Herko

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits