ahkileez
The thing said not to bother asking...
  • 2005/7/12 2:49

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/12

... but I'll take my chances.

I see white. I know that's supposedly a big problem but I see white everywhere. I can't access the XOOPS site I installed in any way.

Everything was working fine. I had just uploaded some themes and was trying them out when they started coming up blank - even the default and themes that came with the install as well as other themes I had uploaded and tried out.

I can't get to anything because it seems I have to login on the main page. I don't know of any url that will let me login to the backend to see if I can rectify the problem (I was able to use the backend at first even though the frontend was blank) but I accidentally closed the window and I seem to be locked out with no way in.

PLEASE tell me I don't have to reinstall all this stuff.

MadFish
Re: The thing said not to bother asking...
  • 2005/7/12 4:45

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You can access the login page via the link:
http://www.yoursite.com/user.php

I've encountered theme-related White Screens Of Death a couple of times when I've renamed or deleted a theme folder listed as selectable in the control panel. If you try to switch to a theme that isn't there you have a problem.

If this is your case (and I don't know), you can fix it by restoring a backup copy of the database, or by manually editing the selected / selectable themes in the database through MyAdminPHP etc.

There is a comprehensive guide on dealing with white screens in the XOOPS FAQ somewhere.

ahkileez
  • 2005/7/12 6:00

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

Sigh... I can't get to the user.php file either. When I view source on the main page or user.php page I get a blank with just

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I think something is seriously screwed up.

michieltokyo

No big problem,

Just go to phpmymyadmin and find the table where the theme is selected and change it to default or any that you know work.

This should work! Or make a copy of the default theme and rename to the one currently selected, then you can get back in and fix it up
visit www.english2day.com its free

ahkileez
  • 2005/7/12 19:13

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

I'm not sure what theme is currently selected...

Where in the db would I find the theme stuff? (sorry not savvy with this sort of thing). I'm able to get in to phpmyadmin and everything and look around but I dunno which table to look in.

==============================================

w00t! Nevermind, I found it. Thanks guys :)

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits