tedsmith
Re: WF-Downloads Showing (0) instead of a text category
  • 2005/6/9 13:13

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I've used phpMyAdmin and looked firstly down the list at all the tables looking ofr any obvious corruption. Didn't see anything.

So I browsed the table 'xoops_wfdownloads_cat' which holds all the category data. It all looks fine. No warnings, no sign of corruption. And all of the values that are showing as (0) on my site are there in full text.

So does that eliminate the database as being the source of the problem? Yes\No?

I then tried Herkos tip of updating the module which I've done. Still the same. Checked the cache status and I've got it turned off so if that had worked it should show up straight away. But still showing as zeroes.

MoonHawk
  • 2005/6/11 3:04

• MoonHawk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 0

I will have to agree. but in My case we have the module just installed. fixed 1 problem, now this. so I know its not a tables problem. or a install problem. because of the fact it is new

the top main page works perfectly , shows all the downloads under it, so thats not a problem

The problem is when you go to SUB cat, thats there the problem is, they all show 0 TILL you get to teh actual top of the folder where it is located.

I tried to look at the html end of it and there is something there that puzzels me, in the main index, ther is this statement:

(<{$category.totaldownloads}>)

now when you go to the other one and look at the subs there is no statement with a

(<{$sub.totaldownloads}>)

in stead you get instances of

<{$subcat.totaldownloads}>

more than 1 time. so it has to be some reason why when you go lower it will not show. and i have done everyting from un install it to re instll it several times..

m0nty
  • 2005/6/11 5:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

mine seems ok

http://66-195-18-220.dimenoc.com/~wwcncom/test2010/modules/wfdownloads/index.php

MoonHawk
  • 2005/6/11 20:47

• MoonHawk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 0

ok you have only 2 sub cats i have several below it so mine might be more of a problem than yours is with it only showing the correct numbers

see we have it like this:

Main cat
>sub cat
>>sub cat
>>>sub cat
>>>>sub cat
>>>>>sub cat
>>>>>>>sub cat

there is a reason for it that way to place the different things into special areas of the site for downloads, and to keep the makers of them together and grouped into the different subs below their names

So it would be say ok

Designers 1

subs: designers special

Sub Sub Designer thing 1

Sub Sub designer thing 2

and so on but it goes deeper

when one goes to the sub off the main, there are all ( 0 )'s there, and all the way till you get to just before the last sub main then it will show the numbers

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/12 16:08

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

In my case too, we have a very deep category structure. At least 4 levels, and in places 6 or 7.

This is a really frustrating problem.

davidl2
  • 2005/6/12 16:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Please bare with us Ted - I'm sure John or someone will look at this as soon as possible.

Thanks

SoSweet
  • 2005/6/22 7:46

• SoSweet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 1

I know you all just moved everything but I don't want to see this thread die because this is very frustrating for our members. MoonHawk and I are in the same site.

Thanks everyone

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits